3.2.7 and russian characters

Sergey Startsev
Hi all!

  Why 3.2.7 version can not open database with path that contains
  russian characters?

--
Best regards

 Sergey Startsev
 SQLite Analyzer - SQLite database management tool with GUI.
 http://www.kraslabs.com/sqlite_analyzer.html

Re: 3.2.7 and russian characters

Slavomir Svetlik
>   Why 3.2.7 version can not open database with path that contains

>   russian characters?

> Best regards  Sergey Startsev

I can not open database with sqlite.dll v. 3.2.7 which contains slovak characters too. For example with 3.2.2 this is no problem.

__________
Web hosting a registr?cia dom?n za skvel? ceny - http://www.superhosting.sk/

Slavomir Svetlik <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >   Why 3.2.7 version can not open database with path that contains
> >   russian characters?
> >
> > Best regards  Sergey Startsev
>
> I can not open database with sqlite.dll v. 3.2.7 which contains slovak
> characters too. For example with 3.2.2 this is no problem.

The sqlite3_open() routine is suppose to accept the filename
as UTF-8.  There was a bug in earlier versions of SQLite that
allowed ISO-8859-? names to be used.  That bug was fixed.  Probably
your program is depending on the old (broken) behavior.

See:

  http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/chngview?cn=2656

D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

RE: 3.2.7 and russian characters

Robert Simpson

If he is on Windows 9x, the bug lives on.  The problem stems from the fact
that the non-UNICODE code path in os_win.c is still taking a UTF-8 string
and the various xxxxA() functions in Windows require a MBCS string.

I posted a solution on the mailing list, but perhaps it was missed.

Robert

Re[2]: 3.2.7 and russian characters

Sergey Startsev
Hello,

dhc> The sqlite3_open() routine is suppose to accept the filename
dhc> as UTF-8.  There was a bug in earlier versions of SQLite that
dhc> allowed ISO-8859-? names to be used.  That bug was fixed.  Probably
dhc> your program is depending on the old (broken) behavior.

   Yes. I called sqlite3_open() with non UTF8 string. Thank you.