ASK SQLite3 matchinfo() performance

Christoforus Surjoputro
Hi all. I've example database that can be downloaded here http://www.megafileupload.com/rhqU/product.db or you can generate yourself by using this python script:http://pastebin.com/4djPZJ21

I try to compare performance between standard query and using matchinfo() function.Standard queryt:http://pastebin.com/RFZwx8AJ

matchinfo():http://pastebin.com/BBq28HNh

Script that use matchinfo() function about 20x slower than standard query. Is that normal or something wrong with my query or my database? And how to improve the matchinfo() performance?

Re: ASK SQLite3 matchinfo() performance

LincolnBurrows
This post was updated on .
 The matchinfo option may only be set to the value "fts3". Attempting to set matchinfo to anything other than "fts3" is an error. If this option is specified, then some of the extra information stored by FTS4 is omitted. This reduces the amount of disk space consumed by an FTS4 table until it is almost the same as the amount that would be used by the equivalent FTS3 table, but also means that the data accessed by passing the 'l' flag to the matchinfo() function is not available.
You should go this one it may be helpful to you. Here you can find some tips to optimize SQLite query.
http://www.codificar.com.br/blog/sqlite-optimization-faq/