Any limitation of file size on sqlite?

Çağlar Orhan
Hello again,
Thank you Simon.
The page http://www.sqlite.org/limits.html has my answer partly. In MS IIS
 what gbytes bigger size of .sqlite file should significant to work on it
properly?
I mean, is there a 10-12 GB sqlite file that working properly and with any
problem?
Thanks
Caglar

--
facta non verba
ordo ab chao

Re: Any limitation of file size on sqlite?

a.furieri
On Sun, 16 Dec 2012 22:02:41 +0200, Çağlar Orhan wrote:
>  what gbytes bigger size of .sqlite file should significant to work
> on it
> properly?
> I mean, is there a 10-12 GB sqlite file that working properly and
> with any
> problem?

Hi Çağlar,

from my first hand experience on the geospatial/GIS domain
(I'm the maintainer of the SpatiaLite project [1]): I know
for sure that sqlite/spatialite DB-files as big as an
impressive 160 GB has been successfully tested.

bye sandro

[1] http://www.gaia-gis.it/gaia-sins/

--
Il messaggio e' stato analizzato alla ricerca di virus o
contenuti pericolosi da MailScanner, ed e'

Re: Any limitation of file size on sqlite?

Alexey Pechnikov-2
Hello!

Sqlite databases 10Gb+ sizes work fine for me in multi-user web environment
and 100Gb+ sizes were tested in my scenarios. The unsupported index
compression is the main problem and so use more scalable FTS4 index when
possible.

Best regards, Alexey.
http://pechnikov.tel
17.12.2012 0:03 пользователь "Çağlar Orhan" <[hidden email]> написал:

> Hello again,
> Thank you Simon.
> The page http://www.sqlite.org/limits.html has my answer partly. In MS IIS
>  what gbytes bigger size of .sqlite file should significant to work on it
> properly?
> I mean, is there a 10-12 GB sqlite file that working properly and with any
> problem?
> Thanks
> Caglar
>
> --
> facta non verba
> ordo ab chao
> to code or not to code...
> Follow me (twitter.com/caglaror)
> Biz Contacts for LinkedIn Wellcome
> Script Works www.co-scripts.com

Re: Any limitation of file size on sqlite?

Valentin Davydov-2
On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 10:02:41PM +0200, ?a?lar Orhan wrote:
> Hello again,
> Thank you Simon.
> The page http://www.sqlite.org/limits.html has my answer partly. In MS IIS
>  what gbytes bigger size of .sqlite file should significant to work on it
> properly?
> I mean, is there a 10-12 GB sqlite file that working properly and with any
> problem?

There is only limitation on the total number of pages in the file. So, the
file size is limited by SQLITE_MAX_PAGE_COUNT times PAGE_SIZE. Thus, given
enough page size, say, 8 to 64 kilobytes, sqlite successfully handles files
of many terabytes in size, provided underlying filesystem supports them, of
course. Be prepared to wait quite a long for non-sqlite operations (copy,
delete etc.) to complete on such a big files.

Valentin Davydov.