Assertion failed in btree.c:1219

Bugzilla from karim@bredband.net
Hi!

Can someone tell me why I get this error?
Commenting out this line in "sqlite3BtreeOpen" and the app starts ok:
assert( sizeof(ptr)==sizeof(char*) );

Cheers!
/Karim

Re: Assertion failed in btree.c:1219

D. Richard Hipp
On Wed, 2005-06-01 at 15:27 +0200, Karim Ryde wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Can someone tell me why I get this error?
> Commenting out this line in "sqlite3BtreeOpen" and the app starts ok:
> assert( sizeof(ptr)==sizeof(char*) );

This means the code was not compiled correctly.  The
problem is in the config.h file that is auto-generated.

The latest versions of SQLite no longer use the config.h
file.  If you upgrade to the latest from CVS, your
problem might go away.
D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

Re: Assertion failed in btree.c:1219

Bugzilla from karim@bredband.net
Thanks for the suggestion ... I found what's missing in configure.in.in:

KDE_CHECK_TYPES
AC_DEFINE(SQLITE_PTR_SZ, SIZEOF_CHAR_P, [Determine pointer size for SQLite

Now it's working :-)