Automatic index on mi(ID) or tal(ID)

Olivier Mascia
Hi all,

I'm seeing such things in my error.log out of SQLite 3.21.0 (but I am sure it was already the case with 3.20):

automatic index on tal(ID)
automatic index on mi(ID)
automatic index on tal(ID)
automatic index on mi(ID)
automatic index on mi(ID)
automatic index on mi(ID)
automatic index on tal(ID)
automatic index on mi(ID)
automatic index on tal(ID)

I do not have a clue as to what these 'tal(ID)' and 'mi(ID)' refer to.  I apparently have nothing in the schema coming close to that.

Does someone sees something similar?
What is it?

(Not that I suffer from any abnormal behaviour, it just caught my eye).

Olivier Mascia

Re: Automatic index on mi(ID) or tal(ID)

Clemens Ladisch
Olivier Mascia wrote:
> I'm seeing such things in my error.log out of SQLite 3.21.0 (but I am sure it was already the case with 3.20):
>
> automatic index on tal(ID)
> automatic index on mi(ID)
>
> I do not have a clue as to what these 'tal(ID)' and 'mi(ID)' refer to.

"tal" and "mi" sound like table/subquery aliases.

Regards,
Clemens

Re: Automatic index on mi(ID) or tal(ID)

Olivier Mascia
> Le 1 déc. 2017 à 14:58, Clemens Ladisch <[hidden email]> a écrit :
>
> Olivier Mascia wrote:
>> I'm seeing such things in my error.log out of SQLite 3.21.0 (but I am sure it was already the case with 3.20):
>>
>> automatic index on tal(ID)
>> automatic index on mi(ID)
>>
>> I do not have a clue as to what these 'tal(ID)' and 'mi(ID)' refer to.
>
> "tal" and "mi" sound like table/subquery aliases.

Indeed it was.  Thanks Clemens!  I was too focused on checking the schema.
Did a full text search on the full source codes, and yes 'mi' and 'tal' have been used bob someone, for some subquery aliases.

Olivier Mascia