Borland command line compiler v 5.5 and SQLite

Borland command line compiler v 5.5 and SQLite

Sasa Zeman
Sasa Zeman wrote:

> Does someone have Make files to create exe and dll for > Borland command
line compiler v 5.5?

Problem have solve days ago. If anyone need these scripts and .def file for
BCC, I will publish it on my site or author may consider to include it in
distributed archives.

Sasa
--
www.szutils.net

Re: Borland command line compiler v 5.5 and SQLite

JP-13
Sasa Zeman wrote:

>>Does someone have Make files to create exe and dll for > Borland command
>
> line compiler v 5.5?
>
> Problem have solve days ago. If anyone need these scripts and .def file for
> BCC, I will publish it on my site or author may consider to include it in
> distributed archives.

Can you please provide instructions for this or publish it? Compiling
with bcc55 has eluded us for quite a while.  Please include exact steps
and versions of each program used.

Juan Perez

Re: Borland command line compiler v 5.5 and SQLite

Sasa Zeman
Juan,

> Can you please provide instructions for this or publish it? Compiling
> with bcc55 has eluded us for quite a while.  Please include exact steps
> and versions of each program used.

I've published SQLite327makefiles.zip file on my site, section "Utilities"
as resulting example of quite simple Makefile Script Generator utility
(currently initial v 1.0.0 published as well on that page). File contain
separated makefiles for EXE and DLL as well with DEF file whilch is required
with cdecl calling convention for BCC without precisely defined exported
functions.

For any other version, makefile scripts can be created quite easily with
provided Generator. Exact steps:

1. Extract file sources provided for windows

2. When createding DLL, make sure that all exproted functions in DEF file
have this form: FunctionName = _FunctionName. Use this DEF file instead.
That need to be done manually.

3. Start the Generator

4. Press "Select files" button and select all files

5. Make sure to pick a name in TEdit component for resulting file
("sqlite3.exe" for instance)

6. Set parameters according to desired script:
    - When create EXE, select "Console" and press "Generate Script" button
    - When create DLL, select "DLLs", check "Multi Thread" checkbox and
press "Generate Script" button

8. Copy and paste results to desired .MAK file

Sasa
--
www.szutils.net