Bug in all-bnf.html documentation?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Bug in all-bnf.html documentation?

George King
Hello,

I'm writing to report an apparent error in the Sqlite documentation. I found the all-bnf.html page after a quick google search.

https://www.sqlite.org/docsrc/doc/trunk/art/syntax/all-bnf.html <https://www.sqlite.org/docsrc/doc/trunk/art/syntax/all-bnf.html>

It appears that the page is truncated; "sql-stmt-list" and "sql-stmt" appear fine, but nothing appears after "alter-table-stmt:". Perhaps this is generated and the output is truncated?

 <https://www.sqlite.org/docsrc/doc/trunk/art/syntax/all-bnf.html>Please let me know if I should send this report somewhere else.

Thank you,
George

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bug in all-bnf.html documentation?

Richard Hipp-3
On 7/13/19, George King <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I found
> the all-bnf.html page after a quick google search.

That file is obsolete cruft in the Fossil repository that hosts the
SQLite documentation.  The BNF representation has not been supported
for years.  Shane added that support for us
almost 10 years ago, but the generator script has not been keep
up-to-date and no longer
functions.

The file has been removed from the trunk check-in and should no longer
appear when you attempt to load it.

--
D. Richard Hipp
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bug in all-bnf.html documentation?

George King
Thank you. Is there any written description of the Sqlite grammar or is it now only described by the images? If nothing else, I'd be interested to peek at any sort of grammar representation in the source code.


> On Jul 13, 2019, at 12:28 PM, Richard Hipp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 7/13/19, George King <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I found
>> the all-bnf.html page after a quick google search.
>
> That file is obsolete cruft in the Fossil repository that hosts the
> SQLite documentation.  The BNF representation has not been supported
> for years.  Shane added that support for us
> almost 10 years ago, but the generator script has not been keep
> up-to-date and no longer
> functions.
>
> The file has been removed from the trunk check-in and should no longer
> appear when you attempt to load it.
>
> --
> D. Richard Hipp
> [hidden email]
> _______________________________________________
> sqlite-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bug in all-bnf.html documentation?

Richard Hipp-3
On 7/13/19, George King <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is there any written description of the Sqlite grammar or is it
> now only described by the images? If nothing else, I'd be interested to peek
> at any sort of grammar representation in the source code.

The images are the definitive description of the language.

The implementation is described by a LALR(1) grammar at
https://sqlite.org/src/file/src/parse.y if that is of any help to you.
--
D. Richard Hipp
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Bug in all-bnf.html documentation?

George King
Fantastic, thank you!


> On Jul 13, 2019, at 1:48 PM, Richard Hipp <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> On 7/13/19, George King <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is there any written description of the Sqlite grammar or is it
>> now only described by the images? If nothing else, I'd be interested to peek
>> at any sort of grammar representation in the source code.
>
> The images are the definitive description of the language.
>
> The implementation is described by a LALR(1) grammar at
> https://sqlite.org/src/file/src/parse.y if that is of any help to you.
> --
> D. Richard Hipp
> [hidden email]

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users