CLI: .dbinfo does not work in version 3.21

CLI: .dbinfo does not work in version 3.21

KlaasV
In 3.20.1 the dot-command dbinfo still worked, but since 3.21.0 not anymore
sqlite32001 e0.sqb
SQLite version 3.20.1 2017-08-24 16:21:36
Enter ".help" for usage hints.
sqlite> .dbinfo
database page size:  512
write format:        1
read format:         1
reserved bytes:      0
file change counter: 15
database page count: 6
freelist page count: 0
schema cookie:       4
schema format:       4
default cache size:  0
autovacuum top root: 0
incremental vacuum:  0
text encoding:       1 (utf8)
user version:        1106
application id:      0
software version:    3009002
number of tables:    4
number of indexes:   0
number of triggers:  0
number of views:     0
schema size:         359

I did not make any changes to the file and now I get:
sqlite3 e0.sqb
SQLite version 3.21.0 2017-10-24 18:55:49
Enter ".help" for usage hints.
sqlite> .dbinfo
unable to read database header

ll e0.sqb
-rw-rw-r--  1 staff  3072 Nov  6 18:03:30 2015 e0.sqb

Kind regards | Vriendelijke groeten | Cordiali saluti,
Klaas `Z4us` van Buiten V, Experienced Freelance ICT-Guy
https://www.linkedin.com/in/klaas-van-buiten-0325b2102
Klaas "Z4us" V, MetaDBA at InnocentIsArt.EU

Re: CLI: .dbinfo does not work in version 3.21

Richard Hipp-3
On 11/8/17, Klaas Van B. <[hidden email]> wrote:
> In 3.20.1 the dot-command dbinfo still worked, but since 3.21.0 not anymore

This was a boo-boo on our precompiled-binary build script.  The
".dbinfo" command was modified to require a special compile-time
option (specifically -DSQLITE_ENABLE_DBPAGE_VTAB) and we failed to
make that change in our build script for the website.  The new
compile-time option is added to all the makefiles, so if you will
download any of the source code packages and build your own, the
.dbinfo command should work fine.

So this is not a bug in SQLite but rather a bug in our website build procedure.

Thanks for pointing this out.

The precompiled-binary build script is out-of-tree and testing the
precompiled-binary builds of the website is not part of our release
checklist (https://www.sqlite.org/checklists/3210000/index) which is
how this bug managed to slip through.  We'll be sure to add a test for
the precompiled-binary build script prior to the next release.

Expect to see fresh precompiled binaries that fix this problem within
a few hours.

On 11/8/17, Richard Hipp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Expect to see fresh precompiled binaries that fix this problem within
> a few hours.

New builds for the "sqlite-tools-*-3210000.zip" packages are now
available from the https://sqlite.org/download.html webpage