Can I check the auto-vacuum setting on an SQLite database?

Can I check the auto-vacuum setting on an SQLite database?

CedricCicada
My deepest apologies for forgetting to change the subject line in my
last post, and thus accidentally hijacking a thread.  Here is the
message again, this time with the correct subject.

--
Please do not copy or forward this message or any attachments without
my permission.  Remember, asking permission is a great way to get me

Re: Can I check the auto-vacuum setting on an SQLite database?

Simon Slavin-3

On 8 Feb 2012, at 1:45pm, Rob Richardson wrote:

>> Is there a way to verify the auto-vacuum state of an SQLite database?

<http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_auto_vacuum>

See the last line of that section.

  http://www.bigfraud.org     | I'd expect if a computer was involved
                              | it all would have been much worse.
  No Buffy for you.           |                -- John "West" McKenna
  Leave quickly now. -- Anya  |          THE FRENCH WAS THERE

Re: Can I check the auto-vacuum setting on an SQLite database?

Jay Kreibich

On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 08:45:56AM -0500, Rob Richardson scratched on the wall:

> My deepest apologies for forgetting to change the subject line in my
> last post, and thus accidentally hijacking a thread.  Here is the
> message again, this time with the correct subject.
>
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 8:44 AM, Rob Richardson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Greetings!
> >
> > Is there a way to verify the auto-vacuum state of an SQLite database?
> > I am hoping that auto-vacuum will replace the need for periodic VACUUM
> > calls.  If the files are getting too big, I need to be able to verify
> > the auto-vacuum setting before trying to come with some other scheme
> > to prevent unbridled file growth.

  PRAGMA auto_vacuum;

  http://www.sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_auto_vacuum

  Note that auto-vacuum will often make fragmentation issues worse.
  Even with auto-vacuum in place, it is best to run a full manual
  vacuum from time to time, especially for highly dynamic databases.

   -j

--
Jay A. Kreibich < J A Y  @  K R E I B I.C H >

"Intelligence is like underwear: it is important that you have it,
 but showing it to the wrong people has the tendency to make them
 feel uncomfortable." -- Angela Johnson