Can I used BLOB to see a string in Hex ?

Can I used BLOB to see a string in Hex ?

Simon Slavin-3
Suppose I have a Unicode string stored in a TEXT field in a database.  The string might contain complicated Unicode compound characters, but it was properly composed.  By this I mean that the string is correctly Unicode-encoded by Unicode-aware software and OS, with no mistakes about how Unicode should be done.

Can I persuade the SQLite shell tool to spit out the characters string in Hex ?  Perhaps by casting it to a BLOB ?

Re: Can I used BLOB to see a string in Hex ?

Richard Hipp-3
On 8/7/17, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Suppose I have a Unicode string stored in a TEXT field in a database.  The
> string might contain complicated Unicode compound characters, but it was
> properly composed.  By this I mean that the string is correctly
> Unicode-encoded by Unicode-aware software and OS, with no mistakes about how
> Unicode should be done.
>
> Can I persuade the SQLite shell tool to spit out the characters string in
> Hex ?  Perhaps by casting it to a BLOB ?

Use the hex() SQL function.

On 7 Aug 2017, at 4:31pm, Richard Hipp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Use the hex() SQL function.

D’oh.  Completely forgot that.  Thanks.