Cannot export 'sqlite3' file to CSV

Rachael Courts
Hi All,

I'm a couple of months into my PhD, studying bioacoustics. I am using SQLiteStudio to open '.sqlite3' files, which I need to convert to CSV files to import into MATLAB for further analyses.

Currently I have attempted the data export function, selecting which database and table I would like to export, however no option for 'CSV' exportation is available. The only options that appear are 'JSON, SQL, HTML, and PDF' which can't be read into excel.

I have also attempted the queries tab in SQLiteStudio, in an attempt to write code for exportation. This did not work.

I also attempted opening the command window on my computer, to change the '.sqlite3' file to 'CSV' but it seems that the '.sqlite3' file doesn't have a '.db' attached, and therefore will not open in the command window for editing.

I'm seeking ANY advice on how to export these files into CSV, so they can be read in excel, and easily imported into MATLAB.

I've attached an example file, if this helps.

I hope to hear from someone soon,
Rachael

Re: Cannot export 'sqlite3' file to CSV

Shawn Wagner
Use the standard sqlite3 shell program:
https://www.sqlite.org/cli.html#csv_export

On Thu, Feb 27, 2020, 1:48 AM Rachael Courts <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm a couple of months into my PhD, studying bioacoustics. I am using
> SQLiteStudio to open '.sqlite3' files, which I need to convert to CSV files
> to import into MATLAB for further analyses.
>
> Currently I have attempted the data export function, selecting which
> database and table I would like to export, however no option for 'CSV'
> exportation is available. The only options that appear are 'JSON, SQL,
> HTML, and PDF' which can't be read into excel.
>
> I have also attempted the queries tab in SQLiteStudio, in an attempt to
> write code for exportation. This did not work.
>
> I also attempted opening the command window on my computer, to change the
> '.sqlite3' file to 'CSV' but it seems that the '.sqlite3' file doesn't have
> a '.db' attached, and therefore will not open in the command window for
> editing.
>
> I'm seeking ANY advice on how to export these files into CSV, so they can
> be read in excel, and easily imported into MATLAB.
>
> I've attached an example file, if this helps.
>
> I hope to hear from someone soon,
> Rachael
>

> Sent from Outlook<http://aka.ms/weboutlook>

Re: Cannot export 'sqlite3' file to CSV

skywalk
Easier still: Install https://nightlies.sqlitebrowser.org/latest/
Then open your sqlite database(s) directly within the browser.
There you can run queries and/or export to csv.