Change delimiter with CSV extension?

Tony Papadimitriou
Is it possible to change the delimiter with the CSV virtual table extension?

Re: Change delimiter with CSV extension?

Richard Hipp-3
On 5/30/19, Tony Papadimitriou <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Is it possible to change the delimiter with the CSV virtual table extension?

No, not at run-time.  You could, of course, edit the source code and
recompile, but I assume you are looking for a run-time parameter, and
there is none.  The delimiters are hard-coded.

Re: Change delimiter with CSV extension?

Robert Hairgrove
On 30.05.19 15:16, Richard Hipp wrote:
> On 5/30/19, Tony Papadimitriou <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Is it possible to change the delimiter with the CSV virtual table extension?
> No, not at run-time.  You could, of course, edit the source code and
> recompile, but I assume you are looking for a run-time parameter, and
> there is none.  The delimiters are hard-coded.

I've had some success working with this little library together with
SQLite in projects built in C and C++ languages:

https://github.com/rgamble/libcsv

It allows changing the quote and delimiter characters at runtime, at
least. And it adheres to the RFC "standards". But I would imagine that
it takes a little more work to use than the SQLite extension.

HTH,
Bob Hairgrove