Compiling SQLite Encryption Extension for ARM processor

Compiling SQLite Encryption Extension for ARM processor

Subodh Pathak
Team,

I am trying to compile SEE for ARM processor.
I have followed following steps. But was not successful in generating "
*libsqliteX.so*" file which can be used on Android Samsung G7 mobile.

1.      Installed GCC compiler from “http://www.mingw.org/” reference at “
https://gcc.gnu.org/”.

2.      Installed required library specially related to lpthread.

3.      Downloaded another library “libdl.a” from “
https://github.com/dlfcn-win32/dlfcn-win32” to compile using -ldl command.
MinGW-W32 and MinGW-W64 only have dlfcn to provide libdl, but that's not a
regularly installed package. After extracting package. Copied “libdl.a” to
“C:\MinGW\lib”

*             gcc -c -fPIC sqlite3.c see-aes256-ofb.c*

*             gcc -shared -o libsqliteX.so -fPIC sqlite3.o see-aes256-ofb.c
-ldl –lpthread*

4.      Above mentioned command does generate "libsqliteX.so" file but not
compatible to use on Android Samsugn G7.

https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/merge_requests/1642

https://gcc.gnu.org/install/binaries.html

https://gcc.gnu.org/

https://sqlite.org/android/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki

https://www.sqlite.org/see/doc/release/www/index.wiki

https://www.hwaci.com/sw/sqlite/see.html

https://sqlite.org/src/doc/trunk/README.md

I have also tried to do below configuration before compile but no lock.

./configure --build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu --host=arm-linux
--target=arm-linux
I am looking for help to configure machine to compile SEE for ARM. I am
using Android mobile Samsung G7.
Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,
Subodh

Re: Compiling SQLite Encryption Extension for ARM processor

Richard Hipp-3
On 2/13/20, Subodh Pathak <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying to compile SEE for ARM processor.

There is a website explain how to compile SQLite for Android here:
https://www.sqlite.org/android/doc/trunk/www/index.wiki

Please review the instructions on that website and write again if they
do not work for you.

Re: Compiling SQLite Encryption Extension for ARM processor

Jens Alfke-2

> On Feb 13, 2020, at 10:51 AM, Subodh Pathak <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am looking for help to configure machine to compile SEE for ARM. I am
> using Android mobile Samsung G7.

You have to use a cross-compiler, a version of GCC that runs on your platform but generates ARM-Linux code.
Specifically, to build for Android you should be using the Android Native Development Kit (NDK). The page Dr. Hipp linked to will show you how to do that.

—Jens