Compiling SQLite3 to run on Windows Mobile 6.5

Compiling SQLite3 to run on Windows Mobile 6.5

Tim Leland
Does anyone have any tips/suggestions for getting sqlite3 to run on windows
mobile 6.5?

Thanks

Tim Leland

W. Lee Flowers & Co.

127 E. W Lee Flowers Rd.

Scranton, S.C. 29591

(843)389-2731

Re: Compiling SQLite3 to run on Windows Mobile 6.5

Tim Leland
Found this site. Anyone have any experience using this?
http://www.smorgasbordet.com/pellesc/

Re: Compiling SQLite3 to run on Windows Mobile 6.5

Noah Hart
The C#-SQLite port at http://code.google.com/p/csharp-sqlite/ supports both Silverlight and Windows Phone

Hope that help,

Noah Hart

Tim Leland wrote
Does anyone have any tips/suggestions for getting sqlite3 to run on windows
mobile 6.5?

Thanks

Tim Leland

W. Lee Flowers & Co.

127 E. W Lee Flowers Rd.

Scranton, S.C. 29591

(843)389-2731

Re: Compiling SQLite3 to run on Windows Mobile 6.5

Jim Morris-4
It will definitely run.  Pelles is new to me.  Our application uses
SQLite 3.5.9 on WinCE 4.2 through 6.5 using C++.  I don't recall that we
had to change any source, but we did modify the shell for better input
handling, but there were probably some compiler flags we needed to set.
Been years since I had to touch it.

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Noah Hart <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The C#-SQLite port at http://code.google.com/p/csharp-sqlite/ supports
> both
> Silverlight and Windows Phone

Tim tells me that he needs it to run on a handheld barcode scanner (
http://www.motorola.com/Business/US-EN/Business+Product+and+Services/Bar+Code+Scanning).
Do they run C#?  I dunno - I'm asking?

> Hope that help,
>
> Noah Hart
>

> Tim Leland wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have any tips/suggestions for getting sqlite3 to run on
> > windows
> > mobile 6.5?
> >

> > Thanks
> >

> > Tim Leland
> >
> > W. Lee Flowers & Co.
> >
> > 127 E. W Lee Flowers Rd.
> >
> > Scranton, S.C. 29591
> >
> > (843)389-2731

Re: Compiling SQLite3 to run on Windows Mobile 6.5

Jim Morris-4
Don't know about those devices but we use the MC55A and related device
without issue with C++ and I'm pretty sure they support C#.

http://www.motorola.com/Business/US-EN/Business+Product+and+Services/Mobile+Computers/Handheld+Computers/MC55A0

On 2/9/2012 9:24 AM, Richard Hipp wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 12:21 PM, Noah Hart<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> The C#-SQLite port at http://code.google.com/p/csharp-sqlite/ supports
>> both
>> Silverlight and Windows Phone
>>
> Tim tells me that he needs it to run on a handheld barcode scanner (
> http://www.motorola.com/Business/US-EN/Business+Product+and+Services/Bar+Code+Scanning).
> Do they run C#?  I dunno - I'm asking?
>

>> Hope that help,
>>
>> Noah Hart
>>

>> Tim Leland wrote:
>>> Does anyone have any tips/suggestions for getting sqlite3 to run on
>>> windows
>>> mobile 6.5?
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>>

>>> Tim Leland
>>>
>>> W. Lee Flowers&  Co.
>>>
>>> 127 E. W Lee Flowers Rd.
>>>
>>> Scranton, S.C. 29591
>>>
>>> (843)389-2731

Re: Compiling SQLite3 to run on Windows Mobile 6.5

Tim Leland
Is the sqlite part separate or emended in the application? Is it possible to
just send me the .exe and test it on the scan gun?

Re: Compiling SQLite3 to run on Windows Mobile 6.5

Jim Morris-4
Sorry, no.  SQLite is embedded in our application and requires
authentication and sync to server before you can get off the login page.

On 2/9/2012 9:33 AM, Tim Leland wrote:

> Is the sqlite part separate or emended in the application? Is it possible to
> just send me the .exe and test it on the scan gun?

Ok so what would be the process of compiling the c#? Ive never done anything
like that before.

Sorry, no.  SQLite is embedded in our application and requires
authentication and sync to server before you can get off the login page.

On 2/9/2012 9:33 AM, Tim Leland wrote:
> Is the sqlite part separate or emended in the application? Is it possible

> just send me the .exe and test it on the scan gun?

Random Coder
On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 9:57 AM, Tim Leland <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ok so what would be the process of compiling the c#? Ive never done anything
> like that before.

Unless you have a need for the C# library, you should skip it.  Just
bring in the C source file and header from the amalgamation from
http://www.sqlite.org/download.html into your project and use it.

I don't remember needing to do anything special to compile sqlite3.c
on Windows Mobile.

Re: Compiling SQLite3 to run on Windows Mobile 6.5

Tim Leland
What software would I need to compile?

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Tim Leland <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What software would I need to compile?

Persumably whatever software you're using to compile the rest of your
application.  Visual Studio is the common way to compile Windows
Mobile applications.

SQLite is a library meant to be used in another program.  While there
is a shell application available for some operating systems, that
shell isn't available for Windows Mobile (nor would it be useful to
most people if it was), so you'll need to integrate the library
directly into your own application.

Re: Compiling SQLite3 to run on Windows Mobile 6.5

Tim Leland
Ok now I understand. I need the shell for windows mobile. The reason why im
doing this is the application running on windows mobile is really just an
html5 browser storing data in a sqlite database. I need to convert the
sqlite database to a .csv file and send that file to a ftp server. Any ideas
on getting the shell to work on windows mobile?

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Tim Leland <[hidden email]> wrote:
> What software would I need to compile?

Persumably whatever software you're using to compile the rest of your
application.  Visual Studio is the common way to compile Windows
Mobile applications.

SQLite is a library meant to be used in another program.  While there
is a shell application available for some operating systems, that
shell isn't available for Windows Mobile (nor would it be useful to
most people if it was), so you'll need to integrate the library
directly into your own application.

Re: Compiling SQLite3 to run on Windows Mobile 6.5

Simon Slavin-3

On 9 Feb 2012, at 6:17pm, Tim Leland wrote:

> Ok now I understand. I need the shell for windows mobile. The reason why im
> doing this is the application running on windows mobile is really just an
> html5 browser storing data in a sqlite database. I need to convert the
> sqlite database to a .csv file and send that file to a ftp server.

Why not send the sqlite database to the ftp server ?  It's just a single file on disk.

Re: Compiling SQLite3 to run on Windows Mobile 6.5

Tim Leland
That will work but we have to import the sqlite file into our AS400/Iseries
IBM (DB2)system. Easiest way is convert it to a .csv file for the import. My
last resort is just run a script on the PC side that will run sqlite3.exe
shell and convert the sqlite file to a .csv but I want to avoid that step.
If you know of a way for an as400 to import sqlite files that would be
great!

On 9 Feb 2012, at 6:28pm, Tim Leland wrote:

> That will work but we have to import the sqlite file into our AS400/Iseries
> IBM (DB2)system. Easiest way is convert it to a .csv file for the import. My
> last resort is just run a script on the PC side that will run sqlite3.exe
> shell and convert the sqlite file to a .csv but I want to avoid that step.
> If you know of a way for an as400 to import sqlite files that would be
> great!

Oh, you're that guy.  Okay, I'd forgotten your hosting side was on an AS400.

Re: Compiling SQLite3 to run on Windows Mobile 6.5

noel frankinet-2
Le 9/02/2012 19:07, Tim Leland a écrit :
you certainly don't need the shell, sqlite is just a (static) library.
Noël

> What software would I need to compile?

Haha ya Im "that guy". Ive tried to create these .bat files and they don't
seem to do anything. Here they are:
Two batch files will do it.

loop.bat

@for %%i in (%1) do @call @dump %%i

dump.bat

echo .separator "," >grocery.sql
echo .output %~n1.csv >>grocery.sql
echo select * from grocery; >>grocery.sql echo .quit >>grocery.sql
sqlite3 %1 <grocery.sql

loop test?.db

You'll then have

test1.csv

test2.csv

test3.csv

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 10:17 AM, Tim Leland <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ok now I understand. I need the shell for windows mobile. The reason why im
> doing this is the application running on windows mobile is really just an
> html5 browser storing data in a sqlite database. I need to convert the
> sqlite database to a .csv file and send that file to a ftp server. Any ideas
> on getting the shell to work on windows mobile?

Since Windows Mobile doesn't include the console aspects of CE, not
only will you need to get the SQLite shell to compile, you'll have to
create some sort of GUI shell around it to use it interactively.

Unless someone knows of a Windows Mobile SQLite explorer application
that's already out there, you're going to need to start coding.

Re: Compiling SQLite3 to run on Windows Mobile 6.5

Black, Michael (IS)
Let's change them a touch...one too many @'s in loop.bat

loop.bat

@for %%i in (%1) do @call dump %%i

dump.bat

@echo .separator "," >grocery.sql
@echo .output %~n1.csv >>grocery.sql
@echo select * from grocery; >>grocery.sql
@echo .quit >>grocery.sql
@sqlite3 %1 <grocery.sql

Michael D. Black

Senior Scientist

Advanced Analytics Directorate

Advanced GEOINT Solutions Operating Unit

Northrop Grumman Information Systems