Compiling / building SQLite to include regex

Compiling / building SQLite to include regex

Paul Hoffman
Greetings. I understand that SQLite doesn't come natively with regex
support, but that it can be added. My question is how to do so when I
install. I'm building from source from <http://www.sqlite.org/download.html>.
Is there a simple recipe for "make REGEX work after installation"?

Re: Compiling / building SQLite to include regex

Richard Hipp-3
On 12/21/17, Paul Hoffman <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Greetings. I understand that SQLite doesn't come natively with regex
> support, but that it can be added. My question is how to do so when I
> install. I'm building from source from
> <http://www.sqlite.org/download.html>.
> Is there a simple recipe for "make REGEX work after installation"?

There is a loadable REGEXP extension here:
https://www.sqlite.org/src/artifact/a68d25c659bd2d89

Re: Compiling / building SQLite to include regex

Jungle Boogie
On 21 December 2017 at 10:18, Richard Hipp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 12/21/17, Paul Hoffman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Greetings. I understand that SQLite doesn't come natively with regex
>> support, but that it can be added. My question is how to do so when I
>> install. I'm building from source from
>> <http://www.sqlite.org/download.html>.
>> Is there a simple recipe for "make REGEX work after installation"?
>
> There is a loadable REGEXP extension here:
> https://www.sqlite.org/src/artifact/a68d25c659bd2d89

And information to compile here:
https://www.sqlite.org/loadext.html

> --
> D. Richard Hipp

Re: Compiling / building SQLite to include regex

Compile and load the regexp extension (ext/misc/regexp.c in the full source distribution or the commit tracker).  Or append the extension to SQLite3.c and load it, or also create a routine that does the initialization for you and aappend that to the SQLite3.c code as well, and use the SQLITE_EXTRA_INIT define so that the extra initialization routine is executed for each connection that is created.

In other words, you just define a function with the correct name and cause it to be linked and loaded, and then you will have a REGEXP function and operator.