Crash observation in certain conditions (SQLite v.3.25.2)

Crash observation in certain conditions (SQLite v.3.25.2)

Vlad Khokholkov
Good day!

First of all thanks a lot for this really nice project!
I use it in different projects (including the projects where the DB file is
> 120 Gb), it works perfectly!!!

Unfortunately, today I download the latest version of SQLite (3.25.2) and
got crash on the first 'sqlite3_prepare_v2' call.

Execution environment: Win32 XP.
Compilers:
"CL-12":
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 12.00.8804 for 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-1998. All rights reserved.

"CL-13":
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 13.00.9176 for 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation 1984-2001. All rights reserved.

My small observations:
* CL-12 + SQLite v3.24.0 (RELEASE) - work
* CL-12 + SQLite v3.25.2 (RELEASE) - work
* CL-13 + SQLite v3.24.0 (RELEASE) - work
* CL-13 + SQLite v3.25.2 (RELEASE) - crash.

It is ok for me to work on 3.24.0 version (I do not use latest features in
this it this project), but I just want to help you make SQLIte better!

PS. Sorry if I send so few information about the crash. But if you decide
to check/investigate this case - just write me I will try to prepare more
details about the issue.

Once again, thanks alot for your efforts in creating so amazing System!

Regards,
Vladimir.

Re: Crash observation in certain conditions (SQLite v.3.25.2)

Richard Hipp-3
Please send additional information.  We are unable to reproduce or fix
the problem without further data.

On 29 Sep 2018, at 1:53am, Vlad Khokholkov <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Unfortunately, today I download the latest version of SQLite (3.25.2) and
> got crash on the first 'sqlite3_prepare_v2' call.

Thank you for posting.  Can you tell us

1) What the crash error message is.
2) What statement you are passing to sqlite3_prepare().
3) Whether you have checked the result codes of all previous calls to the SQLite API to make sure they are returning SQLITE_OK .

Re: Crash observation in certain conditions (SQLite v.3.25.2)

Vlad Khokholkov
Good day!

To answer your questions I prepare a simple test example where I can
reproduce the crash (see file 'SQLiteDebug.zip').
The results of its execution please see in files ('SQLite_expected1.png',
'SQLite_expected2.png', 'SQLite_expected3.png', 'SQLite_unexpected.png') -
crash is in 'SQLite_unexpected.png' with an error 'Access violation'.

To get and install (if needed) the MS compiler of 13xxx version, you can:
* Either: get it (compiler files and library) form "Windows XP Driver
Development Kit (DDK)  2600" (sorry, I use so old compiler, it is just to
support my old projects)
* Or:
  a) Download already fetched compiler files and library from the link:
https://jmp.sh/v/bYhfdyV4ombZcWXVs98Z  (Please, download it in next 23
hours, otherwise link will be invalidated and I need to re-share it)
  b) Copy it into VC6 folder (see file 'Copy_13xx_compiler_here.png')
  c.1) To set 13xxx compiler active, see configuration as
'Set_13xxx_compiler.png'
  c.2) To set 12xxx (native VC6) compiler active, see configuration as
'Set_12xxx_compiler.png'

Thanks a lot for your efforts!

PS. I am sorry if I am asking you to spend your time by checking the SQLite
on so old compiler (it might be compiler issue).

Regards,
Vladimir.

On 9/29/18, Vlad Khokholkov <[hidden email]> wrote:
>   a) Download already fetched compiler files and library from the link:
> https://jmp.sh/v/bYhfdyV4ombZcWXVs98Z  (Please, download it in next 23
> hours, otherwise link will be invalidated and I need to re-share it)

That ZIP archive does not contain any source code.  It is all LIB, and
EXE, and DLL.

I need the source code to the program that is failing, please.

Re: Crash observation in certain conditions (SQLite v.3.25.2)

Vlad Khokholkov
Yes, you are right that is a link to compiler.
Please, see source code in the attached to prior letter file
(SQLiteDebug.zip).
Do you see attached files?

Regards,
Vladimir.

сб, 29 сент. 2018 г. в 23:09, Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>:

> On 9/29/18, Vlad Khokholkov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >   a) Download already fetched compiler files and library from the link:
> > https://jmp.sh/v/bYhfdyV4ombZcWXVs98Z  (Please, download it in next 23
> > hours, otherwise link will be invalidated and I need to re-share it)
>
> That ZIP archive does not contain any source code.  It is all LIB, and
> EXE, and DLL.
>
> I need the source code to the program that is failing, please.
> --
> D. Richard Hipp

Re: Crash observation in certain conditions (SQLite v.3.25.2)

Richard Hipp-3
On 9/29/18, Vlad Khokholkov <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Yes, you are right that is a link to compiler.
> Please, see source code in the attached to prior letter file
> (SQLiteDebug.zip).
> Do you see attached files?

Yes, thank you.  I now see the source code buried amongst the other attachments.

Re: Crash observation in certain conditions (SQLite v.3.25.2)

Vlad Khokholkov
I tried to make the issue more detailed (as you asked me in the beginning).
Each attached file is referenced in the letter.

Regards,
Vladimir.