Crash while creating a table

Denys-2
Hi all,

I'm trying to create a table but I always get an "assertion failed"
crash :-(

Here is the statement:
CREATE TABLE Media (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, keywords TEXT, original
INTEGER, used INTEGER, picture TEXT, note INTEGER, comment BLOB, note
INTEGER, type INTEGER, idSpec INTEGER);

And here is the error:
Assertion failed: pCol->zType==0, file build.c, line 955
way.

I'm using SQLite 3.2.2 under Windows XP.
Does anyone see what could be wrong with that??

Thanks by advance for all the hints.

Denys

T?l?chargez cette version sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com

Re: Crash while creating a table

G. Roderick Singleton

I would recommend an upgrade. See http://www.sqlite.org/changes.html
--
G. Roderick Singleton <[hidden email]>
PATH tech

Re: Crash while creating a table

lawrence.chitty
denys wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to create a table but I always get an "assertion failed"
> crash :-(
>
> Here is the statement:
> CREATE TABLE Media (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, keywords TEXT, original
> INTEGER, used INTEGER, picture TEXT, note INTEGER, comment BLOB, note
> INTEGER, type INTEGER, idSpec INTEGER);

Maybe a bug in an older version of Sqlite coupled with the fact you are
specifying the 'note' field twice in the above create.

Lawrence

Re: Crash while creating a table

Denys-2
G. Roderick Singleton a ?crit :

>On Sat, 2005-10-01 at 22:19 +0200, denys wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I'm trying to create a table but I always get an "assertion failed"
>>crash :-(
>>
>>Here is the statement:
>>CREATE TABLE Media (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, keywords TEXT, original
>>INTEGER, used INTEGER, picture TEXT, note INTEGER, comment BLOB, note
>>INTEGER, type INTEGER, idSpec INTEGER);
>>
>>And here is the error:
>>Assertion failed: pCol->zType==0, file build.c, line 955
>>This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual
>>way.
>>Please contact the application's support team for more information.
>>
>>I'm using SQLite 3.2.2 under Windows XP.
>>Does anyone see what could be wrong with that??
>>
>>Thanks by advance for all the hints.

>I would recommend an upgrade. See http://www.sqlite.org/changes.html

Thanks a lot ! It fixed it :-)

denys <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Here is the statement:
> CREATE TABLE Media (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, keywords TEXT, original
> INTEGER, used INTEGER, picture TEXT, note INTEGER, comment BLOB, note
> INTEGER, type INTEGER, idSpec INTEGER);
>
> Assertion failed: pCol->zType==0, file build.c, line 955
>
> I'm using SQLite 3.2.2 under Windows XP.
> Does anyone see what could be wrong with that??

The column named "note" appears twice.  This tickled a bug in
the parser that was fixed by check-in [2684].  See

  http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/tktview?tn=1418

D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>

Re: Crash while creating a table

Christian Smith
On Sat, 1 Oct 2005, denys wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm trying to create a table but I always get an "assertion failed"
>crash :-(

Addressed by others ...

>Here is the statement:
>CREATE TABLE Media (id INTEGER PRIMARY KEY, keywords TEXT, original
>INTEGER, used INTEGER, picture TEXT, note INTEGER, comment BLOB, note
>INTEGER, type INTEGER, idSpec INTEGER);

You should put large text and blob fields last in the row, especially if
they're not used for searching and sorting. Reason being that row data
that overflows from a btree cell within a page will have overflow pages
linked in serially. Searching in such overflow pages may cause a dramatic
slow down.

Christian

--
    /"\
    \ /    ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
     X                           - AGAINST MS ATTACHMENTS
    / \

Re: Crash while creating a table

Denys-2
Hi,

Sorry for the long time, but I couldn't check my mails until today.
Thanks to all your answers and explanations, and thanks Christian for
the performance tip :-)
As I just began my project (and also using sqlite), I appreciate a lot.
Denys

Christian Smith a ?crit :