DRH interview on why/how SQLite succeeded

DRH interview on why/how SQLite succeeded

Simon Slavin-3
<https://changelog.com/podcast/201>

Podcast / transcription of DRH interview:

" We talked to Richard about the history of SQLite, where it came from, why it succeeded as a database, how its development is sustainably funded and also how it’s the most widely deployed database engine in the world. "

Not a formal treatment, but you can piece together what's said and get a lot of information on how SQLite developed into what it is today, who is in the development team, and how it is funded through the SQLite Consortium.  Plus random anecdotes about computing over the last 40 years.

Re: DRH interview on why/how SQLite succeeded

Don V Nielsen
DRH sounds so much more human in the podcast than the DRH I have assembled
in my head from reading this mailing list. :)

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 11:39 AM Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> <https://changelog.com/podcast/201>
>
> Podcast / transcription of DRH interview:
>
> " We talked to Richard about the history of SQLite, where it came from,
> why it succeeded as a database, how its development is sustainably funded
> and also how it’s the most widely deployed database engine in the world. "
>
> Not a formal treatment, but you can piece together what's said and get a
> lot of information on how SQLite developed into what it is today, who is in
> the development team, and how it is funded through the SQLite Consortium.
> Plus random anecdotes about computing over the last 40 years.

Re: DRH interview on why/how SQLite succeeded

Jose Isaias Cabrera-4

Don V Nielsen, on Wednesday, February 19, 2020 01:43 PM, wrote...

> DRH sounds so much more human in the podcast than the DRH I have
> assembled
> in my head from reading this mailing list. :)

He is human like us, just smarter than most of us. :-)

josé

Re: DRH interview on why/how SQLite succeeded

Stephen Chrzanowski
I just finished listening to this.  Really cool.

Thanks for ALL of your hard work SQLite team.  I appreciate it sincerely.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 12:39 PM Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> <https://changelog.com/podcast/201>
>
> Podcast / transcription of DRH interview:
>
> " We talked to Richard about the history of SQLite, where it came from,
> why it succeeded as a database, how its development is sustainably funded
> and also how it’s the most widely deployed database engine in the world. "
>
> Not a formal treatment, but you can piece together what's said and get a
> lot of information on how SQLite developed into what it is today, who is in
> the development team, and how it is funded through the SQLite Consortium.
> Plus random anecdotes about computing over the last 40 years.

Re: DRH interview on why/how SQLite succeeded

skywalk
In the ever expanding bloat of tooling, DRH is my hero.