Database locked problem

larshgf
Hello,

Delphi 10.2 - FireDAC - SQLite

FDConnection1 - FDQuery - DataSource - DBGrid

My DBGrid is  is Showing words ("gloser") from my database with SQL =
'SELECT * FROM Gloser'.

BUT!!!!

When I fill out som editfields and want to append the data I get the error
message:  Database Locked

In fact I had the same error some time ago where the solution was to put my
databse in a C-drive root folder. But that is where the db is right now!!

Please help!

Best Regards

Lars

Re: Database locked problem

Simon Slavin-3
On 30 Sep 2018, at 3:14pm, Lars Frederiksen <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In fact I had the same error some time ago where the solution was to put my database in a C-drive root folder. But that is where the db is right now!!

It is very unusual under Windows to have enough privileges to change files in C:\ .  Any program with those powers could mess up the computer with malware.

I don't think your problems are related to SQLite.  I think you need to find a folder your program can definitely write to.  You might be able to use some simple function in Delphi to write a simple file and see whether this problem occurs with that:

<http://www.delphibasics.co.uk/RTL.asp?Name=TextFile>