Date time input

Re: Date time input

Kevin Benson
On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 2:40 PM James K. Lowden <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 09:06:24 -0700
> Jens Alfke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I think the idea of a semi-official ?SQLite++? has been floated here
> > before
>
> OK, but it needs a better name. --

SQLiteXTD

         --Ö¿Ö--
        K e V i N

Re: Date time input

Gary R. Schmidt
On 09/10/2019 10:25, Kevin Benson wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 8, 2019 at 2:40 PM James K. Lowden <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 09:06:24 -0700
>> Jens Alfke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I think the idea of a semi-official ?SQLite++? has been floated here
>>> before
>>
>> OK, but it needs a better name. --
>>

> SQLiteXTD

SQLArdArse.

        Cheers,
                Gary B-)

Re: Date time input

Graham Holden
Tuesday, October 08, 2019, 7:39:40 PM, James K. Lowden <[hidden email]> wrote:

> OK, but it needs a better name.  What better place than here to debate
> that?  ;-)

SQLOfALot

(providing you pronounce SQL as ess-queue-ell and not sequel)

Graham

Re: Date time input

On Tuesday, 8 October, 2019 12:40, James K. Lowden <[hidden email]> wrote:

>OK, but it needs a better name.  What better place than here to debate
>that?  ;-)

>What the opposite of "Lite"?

I believe the PC euphemism is Big and Tall.

SQLBAT3?

Re: Date time input

J Decker
On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 9:05 PM Keith Medcalf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tuesday, 8 October, 2019 12:40, James K. Lowden <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
> >OK, but it needs a better name.  What better place than here to debate
> >that?  ;-)
>
> >What the opposite of "Lite"?
>
> It's 'ite' as in 'stalagmite' or 'meteorite' as in rock solid...

https://changelog.com/podcast/201

"
RICHARD HIPP <https://changelog.com/podcast/201#transcript-67>

How do I pronounce the name of the product? I say S-Q-L-ite, like a mineral.

So probably Sqlism (as in organism) :)

> I believe the PC euphemism is Big and Tall.
>
> SQLBAT3?

Re: Date time input

Mark Brand

On 10/10/2019 07:50, J Decker wrote:

> <snip>
> It's 'ite' as in 'stalagmite' or 'meteorite' as in rock solid...
> https://changelog.com/podcast/201
>
> "
> RICHARD HIPP <https://changelog.com/podcast/201#transcript-67>
>
> How do I pronounce the name of the product? I say S-Q-L-ite, like a mineral.
>
> So probably Sqlism (as in organism) :)

Hmm. If the enriched version has more metaphorical oxygen, you could
call it sqlate.

Re: Date time input

Thomas Kurz
> I hope you will experience such joy as well.

Well, I don't ;-) The lack of full ALTER TABLE support frustrates me every time, even though I greatly appreciate most other parts of SQLite and the developers' work. But a more complete SQL statement support would be very, very helpful.