Did A Recent Windows & Update Affect SQLite???

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
14 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Did A Recent Windows & Update Affect SQLite???

Mark Romero
Hey Everyone:

Was there a recent Windows 7 64-bit update that affected SQLite?

A few months ago one of the programs that I use (Lightroom) started to have
long periods where it would stop responding. It wouldn't crash, but it
would just keep my CPU pegged at 100% and the program would stop
responding. This would happen at random times.

It never acted like this before, and I think it started acting funny just
right after a win 7 64-bit automatic update.

The SLQlite "server" is built into Lightroom, so I have no access to the
code.

One thing that is strange is that Adobe has another program (Adobe Camera
Raw) which is nearly identical to lightroom except that Lightroom uses
SQLite to store data while Adobe Camera Raw writes information into a
separate file (an XMP Side Cart file). ACR runs fine, while Lightroom has
problems.

So if you know of a recent windows 7 update that may affect SQLite, please
let me know. maybe there are drivers I can download somewhere to fix the
problem.

Thanks in advance.
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Did A Recent Windows & Update Affect SQLite???

Alex Mandel-2
On 03/31/2015 05:17 PM, Mark Romero wrote:

> Hey Everyone:
>
> Was there a recent Windows 7 64-bit update that affected SQLite?
>
> A few months ago one of the programs that I use (Lightroom) started to have
> long periods where it would stop responding. It wouldn't crash, but it
> would just keep my CPU pegged at 100% and the program would stop
> responding. This would happen at random times.
>
> It never acted like this before, and I think it started acting funny just
> right after a win 7 64-bit automatic update.
>
> The SLQlite "server" is built into Lightroom, so I have no access to the
> code.
>
> One thing that is strange is that Adobe has another program (Adobe Camera
> Raw) which is nearly identical to lightroom except that Lightroom uses
> SQLite to store data while Adobe Camera Raw writes information into a
> separate file (an XMP Side Cart file). ACR runs fine, while Lightroom has
> problems.
>
> So if you know of a recent windows 7 update that may affect SQLite, please
> let me know. maybe there are drivers I can download somewhere to fix the
> problem.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

Do you have trouble using SQlite outside of Lightroom?
If not, then you should pursue this issue with the makers of Lightroom.
SQlite is not a server, nor is it likely to even be in the registry of
windows unless you have the sqlite command line application.

This doesn't rule out that a Windows update caused the issue (it's well
known that such updates can cause issues), however the right place to
start asking questions is the exact software in use.

Thanks,
Alex

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Did A Recent Windows & Update Affect SQLite???

Joe Mistachkin-3
In reply to this post by Mark Romero

Mark Romero wrote:
>
> A few months ago one of the programs that I use (Lightroom) started to
> have long periods where it would stop responding. It wouldn't crash,
> but it would just keep my CPU pegged at 100% and the program would stop
> responding. This would happen at random times.
>

When I see unexpected behavior like this from an application, the first
thing I normally do is check the Windows Event Log for serious errors,
especially those related to the disk drive(s) in the system.

Next, I would run "chkdsk" and some other diagnostic tools (e.g. the
Windows Memory Diagnostic tool).

Next, I would run a Microsoft Security Essentials "full scan".

If all of the above are OK, you might want to see if the application
and/or Windows have any more available updates.

--
Joe Mistachkin

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Did A Recent Windows & Update Affect SQLite???

CedricCicada
I have to challenge one of your statements.  Adobe Camera Raw is not
nearly identical to Lightroom.  ACR is Lightroom's editing engine.
When you are editing an image in Lightroom, you are using ACR.  ACR
has no need for a database of any kind, unless the XMP file contains a
very tiny database.  ACR certainly doesn't have a major database
engine built into it, as Lightroom does with SQLite.

RobR, who would love to see the SQLite schema Lightroom uses

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 9:45 PM, Joe Mistachkin <[hidden email]> wrote:

>
> Mark Romero wrote:
>>
>> A few months ago one of the programs that I use (Lightroom) started to
>> have long periods where it would stop responding. It wouldn't crash,
>> but it would just keep my CPU pegged at 100% and the program would stop
>> responding. This would happen at random times.
>>
>
> When I see unexpected behavior like this from an application, the first
> thing I normally do is check the Windows Event Log for serious errors,
> especially those related to the disk drive(s) in the system.
>
> Next, I would run "chkdsk" and some other diagnostic tools (e.g. the
> Windows Memory Diagnostic tool).
>
> Next, I would run a Microsoft Security Essentials "full scan".
>
> If all of the above are OK, you might want to see if the application
> and/or Windows have any more available updates.
>
> --
> Joe Mistachkin
>
> _______________________________________________
> sqlite-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Did A Recent Windows & Update Affect SQLite???

Andy Rahn
In reply to this post by Mark Romero
Hi Mark

I echo the suggestion that you make sure your HDD is working properly by
doing a disk scan of some sort.  It's dangerous to start trying other
solutions if the drive is about to fail!  While you're at it, it's probably
a good idea to make sure your backups are up to date -- and by backup I
mean not only the .lrcat file that store Lightroom's metadata but also the
original camera files (JPGs or raw files).

It's also possible that some other process is doing some work on your
system.  Do you have Windows Defender or virus software installed?  You can
use Task Manager (right click the task bar and choose "Task Manager") to
see what processes are using a lot of CPU.  If it isn't Lightroom then some
other app is stealing CPU cycles -- try shutting that other app down?  (But
be careful you don't shut down a system process, that can lead to things
not working!)

Adobe has also written several pages about how to optimize Lightroom:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

I'm not sure I agree with the order there -- I'd start with this "Optimize
the Catalog" step:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html#main_Optimize_the_catalog

These pages might duplicate what is on that one, but they're possibly also
helpful:

https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/performance-hints.html

http://blogs.adobe.com/lightroomjournal/2013/06/lightroom-basic-troubleshooting-to-fix-most-issues.html

And don't forget that Adobe Lightroom has a fantastic user base that helps
each other out -- you can ask your question there and I bet someone will
help you some more:

https://forums.adobe.com/community/lightroom

or if you figure out what is going on you can talk directly to Adobe here:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family

 - Andy




On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 7:17 PM, Mark Romero <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Everyone:
>
> Was there a recent Windows 7 64-bit update that affected SQLite?
>
> A few months ago one of the programs that I use (Lightroom) started to have
> long periods where it would stop responding. It wouldn't crash, but it
> would just keep my CPU pegged at 100% and the program would stop
> responding. This would happen at random times.
>
> It never acted like this before, and I think it started acting funny just
> right after a win 7 64-bit automatic update.
>
> The SLQlite "server" is built into Lightroom, so I have no access to the
> code.
>
> One thing that is strange is that Adobe has another program (Adobe Camera
> Raw) which is nearly identical to lightroom except that Lightroom uses
> SQLite to store data while Adobe Camera Raw writes information into a
> separate file (an XMP Side Cart file). ACR runs fine, while Lightroom has
> problems.
>
> So if you know of a recent windows 7 update that may affect SQLite, please
> let me know. maybe there are drivers I can download somewhere to fix the
> problem.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> _______________________________________________
> sqlite-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
>
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Did A Recent Windows & Update Affect SQLite???

Donald Griggs
In reply to this post by CedricCicada
Regarding: "... would love to see the SQLite schema Lightroom uses"

Hi, Rob

I am not a user of Lightroom, but there's a start at this link:

http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/querying-sqlite-lightroom-database.html
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Did A Recent Windows & Update Affect SQLite???

Mark Romero
Hello everyone and thanks for your replies (I am new to using a mailing
list so I hope that everyone gets this response).

- Viruses and Antivirus software:

I use Avast in real time and I have scanned my system several times and it
came up clean.

I installed malwarebytes shortly after Lightroom began having problems, and
the scans came up clean, too. (I have since uninstalled malware bytes.)

Have not tried any of the native Microsoft virus tools.

- Software Updates:

I am using the latest version of Lightroom (5.7.1)

I am using Win 7 Pro 64-bit Service Pack 1 and I am pretty sure it is up to
date since I do automatic updates with it.

- CPU Usage:

In resource monitor and task manager, it is ONLY lightroom that is using up
all the CPU and is "spiking" the cpu (it repeatedly and rhythmically goes
from 50% use to 100% use over and over again. It spikes approximately every
5 seconds or so.

No other program or process is using an abnormally large percentage of CPU
(or memory)

Please also note that when Lightroom IS spiking the CPU, I am still able to
open other programs (like Photoshop, which is something of a resource hog),
and work in those programs, WHILE Lightroom is spiking the CPU. To rephrase
this, when lightroom stops responding I can go ahead and open photoshop and
work on a different photo, with only minimal lag compared to when Lightroom
is not spiking the CPU.

- Hard Drive (and other hardware):

I have used the Dell diagnostic tests and the Western Digital tests and
they have all been fine for the hard drive as well as ALL other hardware.

- Disk Performance / File corruption

Yes, I have seen NTFS errors in the event manager. But they only seem to
happen when Lightroom has stopped responding and I chose to do a
ctrl-alt-del instead of doing a ctrl-q and waiting for the program to
eventually close. (I know that ctrl-alt-delete is bad... will try to avoid
again!)

I have done another chkdsk and it came out fine, and I did a chkntfs and it
came out saying C: is not dirty.

- Tech Support from Adobe:

I have had THREE separate Adobe technicians login remotely to my computer
and make changes to different settings, and unfortunately it has not made a
difference.

Because the program stops responding sporadically, they will make a few
changes and then ask me to try it. If the problem doesn't happen within
five minutes, they end the chat and say, "It's probably ok, let  us know if
you have problems in the future."

Then five minutes after they end their support chat and log out of my
system, it will stop responding again.

The changes they have made include increasing the cache, giving adobe
programs "resource priority" . they also tried to update my drivers but I
don't know if they were able to update or not.

- Reinstallation:

I have deleted and reinstalled Lightroom 5.7.1 once already after the
problem started a few months back, and unfortunately it did not make a
difference.

- Lightroom versus Adobe Camera Raw (ACR)

Someone pointed out that Lightroom is different than ACR, and that is true.
However, I spend most of my time in the Development module of Lightroom,
which is (as far as I understand) extremely similar to ACR.

Just so you know, I can use ACR ALL DAY LONG without any problems.

My understanding is that Lightroom saves info to its SQlite database, while
ACR saves info to a separate file.

One Other Fun Fact:

A lot of people are dismissive of my problem because I have an older
computer (core 2 duo E8400 with 8 gigs DDR3 RAM).

"Just buy an i7" they like to chant.

However, Lightroom worked fine for over 8 months until just about two
months ago, when the problems started, and...

My sons computer has the same problem, which developed at the same time.
Again, worked fine for 8 months, then BAM! It started having the problem
too.

However, it happens A LOT LESS on my son's computer, and his computer is
even LOWER SPEC'D than my computer (He has a C2D E4500 with only 4 Gigs
DDR2 Ram)

The main thing we have in common is that we both have Win 7 64 bit (his
computer has ultimate, I have Pro).

Thanks in advance for any other thoughts or suggestions.


On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 6:05 AM, Donald Griggs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Regarding: "... would love to see the SQLite schema Lightroom uses"
>
> Hi, Rob
>
> I am not a user of Lightroom, but there's a start at this link:
>
>
> http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/querying-sqlite-lightroom-database.html
> _______________________________________________
> sqlite-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
>
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Did A Recent Windows & Update Affect SQLite???

Simon Slavin-3
We can only answer your original question with a 'No'.  We're not aware of any dramatic SQLite slow-down with any recent Windows update, let alone W7 specifically.  As Alex wrote, it's probably better if you ask questions on a forum about Lightroom.

Simon.
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Did A Recent Windows & Update Affect SQLite???

R Smith
In reply to this post by Mark Romero


On 2015-04-01 09:17 PM, Mark Romero wrote:
> Hello everyone and thanks for your replies (I am new to using a mailing
> list so I hope that everyone gets this response).

Everyone did. As to the question - as Simon mentioned, we are not aware
- but I am not a Lightroom or Win7 user, so I phoned a friend who is a
photographer and I happen to know uses Win7 64 Pro always up to date and
for whom Lightroom is a daily staple, hoping that any regression might
be visible or known to him (and possibly how to solve it).

He was quite surprised at my suggestion and confirmed doing more than a
bit of lightroom editing and backups (whatever that means in a Lightroom
context) even this week without any issues.  This is of course nothing
more than incidental evidence but does suggest that the problem, if the
cause is in the update, might be due to some other subset of hardware or
software combinations you use.

If I pretend to wear a sleuth hat for a moment, I would say the fact
that it affects both you and your son's machines seems non-coincidental
and would suggest that you list all things you have in common,
especially other software, and start eliminating those. I'd start with
Lightroom add-ons (if those exist).

Best of luck!
Ryan

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Did A Recent Windows & Update Affect SQLite???

Jim Callahan
In reply to this post by Simon Slavin-3
You may or may not find this Adobe Lightroom thread helpful
(it winds up discussing critical sections and thread proliferation
-- which are not a SQLite issues):
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1229203?tstart=0

Jim Callahan

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 3:21 PM, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We can only answer your original question with a 'No'.  We're not aware of
> any dramatic SQLite slow-down with any recent Windows update, let alone W7
> specifically.  As Alex wrote, it's probably better if you ask questions on
> a forum about Lightroom.
>
> Simon.
> _______________________________________________
> sqlite-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
>
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Did A Recent Windows & Update Affect SQLite???

Mark Romero
Thank you all for all your help.

I have been soliciting advice from all sorts of Lightroom forums / adobe
forums / Dell computer forums and other forums more specific to hardware
and Lightroom, and they all ended up in a dead end.

But seeing as though it DOESN'T look like a recent Win 7 update has
affected SQLite performance, I guess I have reached a dead end, too. (You
were my last remaining hope, guys!!!)

Anyway, thanks all for all your help and suggestions. Looks like I might
just have to stick with Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop for now until I can
get a new computer.

On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 12:51 PM, Jim Callahan <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> You may or may not find this Adobe Lightroom thread helpful
> (it winds up discussing critical sections and thread proliferation
> -- which are not a SQLite issues):
> https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1229203?tstart=0
>
> Jim Callahan
>
> On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 3:21 PM, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > We can only answer your original question with a 'No'.  We're not aware
> of
> > any dramatic SQLite slow-down with any recent Windows update, let alone
> W7
> > specifically.  As Alex wrote, it's probably better if you ask questions
> on
> > a forum about Lightroom.
> >
> > Simon.
> > _______________________________________________
> > sqlite-users mailing list
> > [hidden email]
> > http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
> >
> _______________________________________________
> sqlite-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
>
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Did A Recent Windows & Update Affect SQLite???

Michael Stephenson-2
In reply to this post by Mark Romero
Some suggestions:

1) Check your temp folder and remove chaff.

2) Download CCleaner and check your registry integrity.

3) Review updates that have been applied and try removing them one at a time
or in a targeted fashion.  You should be able to see what updates were
applied around the time you think Lightroom went bad.  (At the start menu
type Update in the search box and select "View installed updates").

4) Have a look at Lightroom using Process Monitor and perhaps Performance
Monitor.  Maybe the process has a high number of threads, or files in use,
or handles or something like that.

4) Install Windows Performance Toolkit and try xperf or Windows Performance
Analyzer to profile Lightroom and try to see what is taking up time.

5) Turn off Avast shields for a while and see if that makes a difference.

6) Stop/Disable the Windows Search service temporarily and see if that makes
a difference.

-----Original Message-----
From: [hidden email]
[mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Mark
Romero
Sent: Wednesday, April 1, 2015 3:17 PM
To: General Discussion of SQLite Database
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Did A Recent Windows & Update Affect SQLite???

Hello everyone and thanks for your replies (I am new to using a mailing list
so I hope that everyone gets this response).

- Viruses and Antivirus software:

I use Avast in real time and I have scanned my system several times and it
came up clean.

I installed malwarebytes shortly after Lightroom began having problems, and
the scans came up clean, too. (I have since uninstalled malware bytes.)

Have not tried any of the native Microsoft virus tools.

- Software Updates:

I am using the latest version of Lightroom (5.7.1)

I am using Win 7 Pro 64-bit Service Pack 1 and I am pretty sure it is up to
date since I do automatic updates with it.

- CPU Usage:

In resource monitor and task manager, it is ONLY lightroom that is using up
all the CPU and is "spiking" the cpu (it repeatedly and rhythmically goes
from 50% use to 100% use over and over again. It spikes approximately every
5 seconds or so.

No other program or process is using an abnormally large percentage of CPU
(or memory)

Please also note that when Lightroom IS spiking the CPU, I am still able to
open other programs (like Photoshop, which is something of a resource hog),
and work in those programs, WHILE Lightroom is spiking the CPU. To rephrase
this, when lightroom stops responding I can go ahead and open photoshop and
work on a different photo, with only minimal lag compared to when Lightroom
is not spiking the CPU.

- Hard Drive (and other hardware):

I have used the Dell diagnostic tests and the Western Digital tests and they
have all been fine for the hard drive as well as ALL other hardware.

- Disk Performance / File corruption

Yes, I have seen NTFS errors in the event manager. But they only seem to
happen when Lightroom has stopped responding and I chose to do a
ctrl-alt-del instead of doing a ctrl-q and waiting for the program to
eventually close. (I know that ctrl-alt-delete is bad... will try to avoid
again!)

I have done another chkdsk and it came out fine, and I did a chkntfs and it
came out saying C: is not dirty.

- Tech Support from Adobe:

I have had THREE separate Adobe technicians login remotely to my computer
and make changes to different settings, and unfortunately it has not made a
difference.

Because the program stops responding sporadically, they will make a few
changes and then ask me to try it. If the problem doesn't happen within five
minutes, they end the chat and say, "It's probably ok, let  us know if you
have problems in the future."

Then five minutes after they end their support chat and log out of my
system, it will stop responding again.

The changes they have made include increasing the cache, giving adobe
programs "resource priority" . they also tried to update my drivers but I
don't know if they were able to update or not.

- Reinstallation:

I have deleted and reinstalled Lightroom 5.7.1 once already after the
problem started a few months back, and unfortunately it did not make a
difference.

- Lightroom versus Adobe Camera Raw (ACR)

Someone pointed out that Lightroom is different than ACR, and that is true.
However, I spend most of my time in the Development module of Lightroom,
which is (as far as I understand) extremely similar to ACR.

Just so you know, I can use ACR ALL DAY LONG without any problems.

My understanding is that Lightroom saves info to its SQlite database, while
ACR saves info to a separate file.

One Other Fun Fact:

A lot of people are dismissive of my problem because I have an older
computer (core 2 duo E8400 with 8 gigs DDR3 RAM).

"Just buy an i7" they like to chant.

However, Lightroom worked fine for over 8 months until just about two months
ago, when the problems started, and...

My sons computer has the same problem, which developed at the same time.
Again, worked fine for 8 months, then BAM! It started having the problem
too.

However, it happens A LOT LESS on my son's computer, and his computer is
even LOWER SPEC'D than my computer (He has a C2D E4500 with only 4 Gigs
DDR2 Ram)

The main thing we have in common is that we both have Win 7 64 bit (his
computer has ultimate, I have Pro).

Thanks in advance for any other thoughts or suggestions.


On Wed, Apr 1, 2015 at 6:05 AM, Donald Griggs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Regarding: "... would love to see the SQLite schema Lightroom uses"
>
> Hi, Rob
>
> I am not a user of Lightroom, but there's a start at this link:
>
>
> http://www.earthboundlight.com/phototips/querying-sqlite-lightroom-dat
> abase.html _______________________________________________
> sqlite-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
>
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users


---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
http://www.avast.com

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Did A Recent Windows & Update Affect SQLite???

Kees Nuyt
In reply to this post by Mark Romero
On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 14:26:15 -0700, Mark Romero <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thank you all for all your help.
>
> I have been soliciting advice from all sorts of Lightroom forums / adobe
> forums / Dell computer forums and other forums more specific to hardware
> and Lightroom, and they all ended up in a dead end.
>
> But seeing as though it DOESN'T look like a recent Win 7 update has
> affected SQLite performance, I guess I have reached a dead end, too. (You
> were my last remaining hope, guys!!!)
>
> Anyway, thanks all for all your help and suggestions. Looks like I might
> just have to stick with Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop for now until I can
> get a new computer.

Other things you can try:

* Reduce the number of files in directories (folders)
  with images  that are under control of Lightroom

* If possible, disable automatic (re-)cataloging in
  Lightroom

* Exclude directories with sqlite databases /
  Lightroom catalogs from all viruscanners.
  If that is not possible, (temporarily) disable
  all real-time virusscanners


--
Regards,

Kees Nuyt

_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Did A Recent Windows & Update Affect SQLite???

Mark Romero
Thank you Kess for the suggestions:

Number of photos per directory: I tried this but it seems to have had no
benefit. i went from 200 photos in one directory down to 50 photos in four
directories, and there was no change.

I will try your other suggestions (disable automatic re-catalogging and
disable virus scanning of folders).

BTW: I have tried running lightroom in safe mode and the problem still
occurred.

On Thu, Apr 2, 2015 at 5:56 AM, Kees Nuyt <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, 1 Apr 2015 14:26:15 -0700, Mark Romero <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Thank you all for all your help.
> >
> > I have been soliciting advice from all sorts of Lightroom forums / adobe
> > forums / Dell computer forums and other forums more specific to hardware
> > and Lightroom, and they all ended up in a dead end.
> >
> > But seeing as though it DOESN'T look like a recent Win 7 update has
> > affected SQLite performance, I guess I have reached a dead end, too. (You
> > were my last remaining hope, guys!!!)
> >
> > Anyway, thanks all for all your help and suggestions. Looks like I might
> > just have to stick with Adobe Camera Raw and Photoshop for now until I
> can
> > get a new computer.
>
> Other things you can try:
>
> * Reduce the number of files in directories (folders)
>   with images  that are under control of Lightroom
>
> * If possible, disable automatic (re-)cataloging in
>   Lightroom
>
> * Exclude directories with sqlite databases /
>   Lightroom catalogs from all viruscanners.
>   If that is not possible, (temporarily) disable
>   all real-time virusscanners
>
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Kees Nuyt
>
> _______________________________________________
> sqlite-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
>
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users