Documentation error

Joe Jacobs
I think this is an error in the command line documentation or room for
minor improvement.  I was reading through the docs trying to learn about
the command line tool and ran into a snag, so i thought i'd report it.

https://www.sqlite.org/cli.html

In section 3 where it talks about dot commands and in section 7, it refers
to *.indexes* as a command you can run from the SQLite command line tool,
but when i try that i get an error message.  Instead i do see an
*.indices *command
that appears to do the same thing.

I installed Python3.6.5 in Centos 7 and the version they had with it is
this:

sqlite> .version

SQLite 3.7.17 2013-05-20 00:56:22 118a3b35693b134d56ebd780123b7fd6f1497668

This version appears to be the latest version using yum on my Centos7 VM.

Long story short is that this may be i'm using an old version of sqlite
lite and the command has changed.

Request: If the documentation is wrong, update it to say .indices instead
of .indexes.

or

Request: If the documentation is accurate, update the docs with a note that
older versions of sqlite referred to the .indexes command as .indices

thanks,

Joe Jacobs

Re: Documentation error

Richard Hipp-3
On 1/2/19, Joe Jacobs <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Long story short is that this may be i'm using an old version of sqlite
> lite and the command has changed.

Yes.  Since 2013-05-20, there have been 73 releases and 10167 distinct
changes.  One of those 10167 changes was this:
https://www.sqlite.org/src/timeline?c=0f65a7e2e09f8