Documentation update request

Simon Slavin-3
<https://sqlite.org/faq.html#q7>

says that sqlite_master cannot be changed.

<https://sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_writable_schema>

tells you how to change it.

Re: Documentation update request

Richard Damon

> On Aug 15, 2019, at 10:37 AM, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> <https://sqlite.org/faq.html#q7>
>
> says that sqlite_master cannot be changed.
>
> <https://sqlite.org/pragma.html#pragma_writable_schema>
>
> tells you how to change it.

You under quote, the faq says it “can not be changed (except under extra-ordinary conditions).”, and those extra-ordinary conditions are a link to the second section you mention.

On 15 Aug 2019, at 5:20pm, Richard Damon <[hidden email]> wrote:

> You under quote, the faq says it “can not be changed (except under extra-ordinary conditions).”, and those extra-ordinary conditions are a link to the second section you mention.

I didn't notice that, for some reason.  Thanks for the correction.

Re: Documentation update request

Richard Hipp-3
On 8/15/19, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:
> On 15 Aug 2019, at 5:20pm, Richard Damon <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> You under quote, the faq says it “can not be changed (except under
>> extra-ordinary conditions).”, and those extra-ordinary conditions are a
>> link to the second section you mention.
>
> I didn't notice that, for some reason.  Thanks for the correction.

You didn't notice it because I only added it moments ago, in response
to your documentation update request.

Re: Documentation update request

Jose Isaias Cabrera-4
Richard Hipp, on Thursday, August 15, 2019 01:32 PM, wrote...

> On 8/15/19, Simon Slavin, on
> > On 15 Aug 2019, at 5:20pm, Richard Damon, on
> >
> >> You under quote, the faq says it “can not be changed (except under
> >> extra-ordinary conditions).”, and those extra-ordinary conditions are a
> >> link to the second section you mention.
> >
> > I didn't notice that, for some reason.  Thanks for the correction.
>
> You didn't notice it because I only added it moments ago, in response
> to your documentation update request.

Oh! Trickery!

Re: Documentation update request

Kevin Benson
On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 2:33 PM Jose Isaias Cabrera <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Richard Hipp, on Thursday, August 15, 2019 01:32 PM, wrote...
> >
> > On 8/15/19, Simon Slavin, on
> > > On 15 Aug 2019, at 5:20pm, Richard Damon, on

> > > I didn't notice that, for some reason.  Thanks for the correction.
> >
> > You didn't notice it because I only added it moments ago, in response
> > to your documentation update request.
>
> Oh! Trickery!

Dickery (sometimes a nickname for RICHARD ;-)
Doc (...umentation; the something Richard "Dick" Hipp was doing ;-)

Re: Documentation update request

Jose Isaias Cabrera-4

Kevin Benson, on Thursday, August 15, 2019 02:40 PM, wrote...

> On Thu, Aug 15, 2019 at 2:33 PM Jose Isaias Cabrera, on
> wrote:

> > Oh! Trickery!
> >

> Dickery (sometimes a nickname for RICHARD ;-)
> Doc (...umentation; the something Richard "Dick" Hipp was doing ;-)

I could never use those words for Dr. Hipp, nor anyone in this list. ;-)

josé

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Documentation update request

Reminds me of "... two mice ran up the clock, the clock struck one, and the other escaped with minor injuries"

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 3:15 AM Hick Gunter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Reminds me of "... two mice ran up the clock, the clock struck one, and
> the other escaped with minor injuries"

'Twas my impetus (rather than the wording that mistakenly sounded like I
was "besmirching" Dr. Hipp)