Does sqlite have official development testing tool?

Does sqlite have official development testing tool?

Nick
I am interested in the source code of sqlite and I want to make some change
to it.
I wondering if sqlite has official development testing to do a full
functional check or evaluate performance lose of my code?

I have found sqlspeedtest1,8 and sqlthreadtest3,4. Is there any other
testing I should make?

Re: Does sqlite have official development testing tool?

Richard Hipp-3

https://www.sqlite.org/testing.html

Re: Does sqlite have official development testing tool?

Nick
Hello Richard,

I hope to run some tests by myself and I think TCL tests in your link are
what I want.
There are so many .tcl and .test in Sqlite source tree.
Could someone share what commands I need to run to start all TCL tests?

Thanks.

On 12/14/17, advancenOO <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello Richard,
>
> I hope to run some tests by myself and I think TCL tests in your link are
> what I want.
> There are so many .tcl and .test in Sqlite source tree.
> Could someone share what commands I need to run to start all TCL tests?

make test

Re: Does sqlite have official development testing tool?

J Decker
On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 4:19 AM, advancenOO <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello Richard,
>
> I hope to run some tests by myself and I think TCL tests in your link are
> what I want.
> There are so many .tcl and .test in Sqlite source tree.
> Could someone share what commands I need to run to start all TCL tests?
>
> the 'make test' target uses a program 'testfixture' which is passed a tcl
script.  You can re-run indicidual tests with './testfixture tests/<xxx>'
although that's the majority of the tests, some of the tests are
'fuzzcheck' which is another program built by the makefile.
make test does a good majority of the tests... there's also make fulltest
which takes many hours to complete but does 10x more tests.

> Thanks.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://sqlite.1065341.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Does sqlite have official development testing tool?

John Gillespie-2
If you don't have Tcl/Tk ... if you are using MacOS or Linux you already
have it.
On Windows you can download it from https://www.activestate.com/activetcl

John G

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 7:05 AM, John G <[hidden email]> wrote:

> If you don't have Tcl/Tk ... if you are using MacOS or Linux you already
> have it.
> On Windows you can download it from https://www.activestate.com/activetcl
>
> I have a religious prohibition against activestate bloatware :)
I found https://www.irontcl.com/ but you have to rename tclsh86t.exe to
tclsh.exe and tcl86t.lib to tcl86.lib

> John G
>
> On 14 December 2017 at 12:19, advancenOO <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello Richard,
> >
> > I hope to run some tests by myself and I think TCL tests in your link are
> > what I want.
> > There are so many .tcl and .test in Sqlite source tree.
> > Could someone share what commands I need to run to start all TCL tests?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> > --
> > Sent from: http://sqlite.1065341.n5.nabble.com/

Re: Does sqlite have official development testing tool?

Nick
Thanks for all your suggestions.
Is it correct to add my compile-options(such as
-DSQLITE_DEFAULT_MMAP_SIZE=0x7fff0000) just after CFLAGS in Makefile? As I
found some weird bugs if I do so.
For example, sometimes wal2.test can pass but sometimes it reports "cannot
open savepoint - SQL statements in progress".

Sorry for all the questions...

Thanks.