Encrypted or Corrupt File

Michael Horn
I am new to this and an amateur to say the least. I'm trying to recover
online some chat files. I'm using SQLite manager to read files and the
files I was just using yesterday are not opening. file error: either the
file is encrypted or corrupt component returned failure code 0x8052000b.
Can anyone give me some pointers? Thanks.

Re: Encrypted or Corrupt File

Simon Slavin-3

On 15 Oct 2015, at 7:37pm, Michael Horn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am new to this and an amateur to say the least. I'm trying to recover
> online some chat files. I'm using SQLite manager to read files and the
> files I was just using yesterday are not opening. file error: either the
> file is encrypted or corrupt component returned failure code 0x8052000b.
> Can anyone give me some pointers? Thanks.

First, ignore whatever tool you're currently using to view the files and use the SQLite command-line tool instead.  Does it get the same kind of error ?  If so ...

Do you have hexdump or any other tool which can show the beginning of the file as Hexadecimal higits ?  The beginning of a normal SQLite database is a fixed header containing easy-to-read ASCII characters.  By looking at the file you're trying to open we might be able to figure out what it is.

Re: Encrypted or Corrupt File

Paul Sanderson
What chat application are they from.

What was the last thing that you did before they stopped working

Is there anything else on your computer that could be opening these fles

Paul
www.sandersonforensics.com
skype: r3scue193
twitter: @sandersonforens
Tel +44 (0)1326 572786
http://sandersonforensics.com/forum/content.php?195-SQLite-Forensic-Toolkit
-Forensic Toolkit for SQLite
email from a work address for a fully functional demo licence

On 15 October 2015 at 19:48, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 15 Oct 2015, at 7:37pm, Michael Horn <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> I am new to this and an amateur to say the least. I'm trying to recover
>> online some chat files. I'm using SQLite manager to read files and the
>> files I was just using yesterday are not opening. file error: either the
>> file is encrypted or corrupt component returned failure code 0x8052000b.
>> Can anyone give me some pointers? Thanks.
>
> First, ignore whatever tool you're currently using to view the files and use the SQLite command-line tool instead.  Does it get the same kind of error ?  If so ...
>
> Do you have hexdump or any other tool which can show the beginning of the file as Hexadecimal higits ?  The beginning of a normal SQLite database is a fixed header containing easy-to-read ASCII characters.  By looking at the file you're trying to open we might be able to figure out what it is.
>
> Simon.

Re: Encrypted or Corrupt File

LincolnBurrows
Do No need to panic, though. But there are ways to recover corrupted files on your device.  I already faced the similar problem and I used SQLite Database Recovery Tool to recover my large size of data without loss of any information.

Thanks