Error 19 with Caret ^ INSERT

André Borchert-2
Hello,

in my C# program which uses DllImport for sqlite.dll (3.29) I get Error 19 (SQLITE_CONSTRAINT) with this statement:

INSERT INTO CompanyDetails (RIC) VALUES('AMBEUR.IP^G19')

The ^ symbol is part of the text I want to save, its not a filter or so, its just plain text.

The odd thing is that the sql statement works just fine when I use DB Browser for SQLite.
The row looks like expected, with the ^ character saved as text.

Re: Error 19 with Caret ^ INSERT

Simon Slavin-3
On 6 Oct 2019, at 5:56am, André Borchert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The odd thing is that the sql statement works just fine when I use DB Browser for SQLite.

Try the SQLite command line tool.  That's written by the team which maintains SQLite itself, and it should give the connonically correct result.  If it objects to a constraint then the team can definitely tell you why.

<https://sqlite.org/cli.html>

Re: Error 19 with Caret ^ INSERT

How do you know that the "error" is related to the use of a caret?

Perhaps your .net wrapper is diddling text strings that contain carets for some reason known only to the wrapper writer?  Have you checked the wrapper documentation to see if such diddling is documented, and if so, how to turn it off?

And where do you get the idea that a caret in a string is a "filter or so"?