Error Message near ".": syntax error

James Brison
I am receiving the following error message when running a query against a sqlite db:

Error Message near ".": syntax error

What does this mean? and how do I debug it?  I'm new to sqlite and don't understand the 'near'.  Is it saying that I have syntax error somewhere involving '.'?

Thanks

Re: Error Message near ".": syntax error

Puneet Kishor-2

On Oct 8, 2011, at 8:28 PM, James Brison wrote:

> I am receiving the following error message when running a query against a sqlite db:
>
> Error Message near ".": syntax error
>
> What does this mean? and how do I debug it?  I'm new to sqlite and don't understand the 'near'.  Is it saying that I have syntax error somewhere involving '.'?

Wouldn't it have been super-easy to actually show us your query? How can anyone divine what is wrong when no knows what your query is. You are likely missing a comma, or have an extra space... please resend with the actual query that causes the above error.

--
Puneet Kishor

On 9 Oct 2011, at 2:28am, James Brison wrote:

> I am receiving the following error message when running a query against a sqlite db:
>
> Error Message near ".": syntax error
>
> What does this mean? and how do I debug it?  I'm new to sqlite and don't understand the 'near'.  Is it saying that I have syntax error somewhere involving '.'?

In your SQL command you have a '.'.  Either that dot, or very soon after it, is a character that SQLite doesn't know what to do with.  If you can't figure it out, post the command and we'll tell you.

Re: Error Message near ".": syntax error

James Brison
Very embarrassing ... I had a typo after doing a copy & paste.

Thanks All!

________________________________
On 9 Oct 2011, at 2:28am, James Brison wrote:

> I am receiving the following error message when running a query against a sqlite db:
>
> Error Message near ".": syntax error
>
> What does this mean? and how do I debug it?  I'm new to sqlite and don't understand the 'near'.  Is it saying that I have syntax error somewhere involving '.'?

In your SQL command you have a '.'.  Either that dot, or very soon after it, is a character that SQLite doesn't know what to do with.  If you can't figure it out, post the command and we'll tell you.

Re: Error Message near ".": syntax error

Simon Slavin-3

On 10 Oct 2011, at 2:06am, James Brison wrote:

> Very embarrassing ... I had a typo after doing a copy & paste.
>
> Thanks All!

No problem.  We'd rather have a problem we can solve than one we can't.