Error Message "The database disk image is malformed"

Error Message "The database disk image is malformed"

Manoj Sengottuvel
Hi Richard,

I have encrypted  the db using SEE. After that I got the message - Error
Message "The database disk image is malformed".

Regards,

Manoj

Re: Error Message "The database disk image is malformed"

Jens Alfke-2

> On Jul 5, 2017, at 5:29 AM, Manoj Sengottuvel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have encrypted  the db using SEE. After that I got the message - Error
> Message "The database disk image is malformed".

Generally that means you gave the wrong password (or didn’t give a password) before reopening the database.
(An encrypted database is indistinguishable from a corrupted/garbage file, if you don’t have the key.)

—Jens

Re: Error Message "The database disk image is malformed"

Manoj Sengottuvel
Hi Richard,

if I do the Vacuum database before the encryption(SEE)  then I didn't have
any issue like "The database disk image is malformed".

Should I do the vacuum every time before applying the encryption/
decryption (SEE) ?

Let me know How to restore the malformed database?

Regards,

Manoj

On Wed, Jul 5, 2017 at 4:29 PM, Manoj Sengottuvel <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> I have encrypted  the db using SEE. After that I got the message - Error
> Message "The database disk image is malformed".
>

> Regards,
>
> Manoj

Re: Error Message "The database disk image is malformed"

Richard Hipp-3
On 7/6/17, Manoj Sengottuvel <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> if I do the Vacuum database before the encryption(SEE)  then I didn't have
> any issue like "The database disk image is malformed".
>
> Should I do the vacuum every time before applying the encryption/
> decryption (SEE) ?

Running VACUUM should not make any difference.

I don't know what is causing your problem.  We don't have enough
detail to trouble-shoot the application for you.

Can you send example code that causes the SQLITE_CORRUPT error?