Error: database disk image is malformed

Tal Tabakman-2
Answering your question below,

yes , I believe  that the costumer is using network

On 16 Aug 2012, at 6:52pm, Tal Tabakman <tal.tabakman at gmail.com

>* we get the following error:*Error: database disk image is malformed*>* Extended Error code: 11**
Is network or remote access involved in any part of this ?  Or is the
database file on the hard disk of the computer running the app ?

Re: Error: database disk image is malformed

Simon Slavin-3

On 16 Aug 2012, at 10:14pm, Tal Tabakman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Answering your question below,
>
> yes , I believe  that the costumer is using network

You can read section 6.0 of

<http://www.sqlite.org/lockingv3.html>

to learn some of the problems involved.  If you need any further help from us then I'm sorry but we have more questions:

Which network file protocol is being used.  NFS ?  SMB ?

What OS are all the computers involved running ?

Are all accesses across a network or is one app accessing the file as a local file and the other accessing it across the network ?

The number of possible causes of this error message is much bigger when a network is involved, and some of the problems are not the way you might think they are.  For example, having one computer access the file locally and the other across a network gives /worse/ results then if they are both accessing across a network.
Would it be possible to do some testing when the database is on a local drive ?  It might be that all problems instantly vanish if you did this, which would give you a clear sign of the cause of the problem.