Error: database or disk is full

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Error: database or disk is full

Anton Kuznetsov
Hello.

I use SQLite 3.2.8.

When comitting a transaction I get an error "database or disk is full". But
there is 6 Gb of free space on my hard drive. Database is about 4 Gb.
There is no error when doing the same inserts but without transaction.

Why does it happen?

Thank you.
Anton.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error: database or disk is full

Jay Sprenkle
> When comitting a transaction I get an error "database or disk is full". But
> there is 6 Gb of free space on my hard drive. Database is about 4 Gb.
> There is no error when doing the same inserts but without transaction.
>
> Why does it happen?

This is just a guess:

Is your transaction so large it takes more than 4 gig to save the info
it needs to roll it back?
In general you probably need at least as much free disk space as there
is for the database
if you have to do massive transactions. It might have to duplicate the
entire database..
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error: database or disk is full

Alexander J. Kozlovsky
In reply to this post by Anton Kuznetsov
Anton Kuznetsov wrote:
> I use SQLite 3.2.8.
>
> When comitting a transaction I get an error "database or disk is full". But
> there is 6 Gb of free space on my hard drive. Database is about 4 Gb.
> There is no error when doing the same inserts but without transaction.
>
> Why does it happen?

Do you have write permission on the directory containing the
database file? In process of transaction SQLite creates additional
file (transaction log) in this directory.


Best regards,
 Alexander                            mailto:[hidden email]

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error: database or disk is full

Anton Kuznetsov
Hello.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jay Sprenkle" <[hidden email]>
To: <[hidden email]>
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005 5:15 PM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Error: database or disk is full

> Is your transaction so large it takes more than 4 gig to save the info
> it needs to roll it back?
> In general you probably need at least as much free disk space as there
> is for the database
> if you have to do massive transactions. It might have to duplicate the
> entire database..

The transaction is rather small, a few Mbytes.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alexander Kozlovsky" <[hidden email]>
To: "Anton Kuznetsov" <[hidden email]>
Sent: Friday, December 30, 2005 6:14 PM
Subject: Re: [sqlite] Error: database or disk is full

> Do you have write permission on the directory containing the
> database file? In process of transaction SQLite creates additional
> file (transaction log) in this directory.

Yes, I do have it.

Thanks.
Anton.