Error whilst trying to compile csv.c

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Error whilst trying to compile csv.c

Gavin Rayner
Hi,

I’m new to sqlite and C. I get this error whilst trying to compile csv.c on macOS 10.12.6. See http://sqlite.org/csv.html <http://sqlite.org/csv.html>

gavmacbook:code Gavin$ gcc -g -fPIC -dynamiclib csv.c -o csv.dylib
csv.c:115:3: error: no member named '__builtin___vsnprintf_chk' in 'struct sqlite3_api_routines'
  sqlite3_vsnprintf(CSV_MXERR, p->zErr, zFormat, ap);
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/sqlite3ext.h:435:53: note: expanded from macro 'sqlite3_vsnprintf'
#define sqlite3_vsnprintf              sqlite3_api->vsnprintf
                                       ~~~~~~~~~~~  ^
/usr/include/secure/_stdio.h:75:3: note: expanded from macro 'vsnprintf'
  __builtin___vsnprintf_chk (str, len, 0, __darwin_obsz(str), format, ap)
  ^
csv.c:115:21: warning: incompatible integer to pointer conversion passing 'int' to parameter of type 'const void *' [-Wint-conversion]
  sqlite3_vsnprintf(CSV_MXERR, p->zErr, zFormat, ap);
                    ^~~~~~~~~
csv.c:67:19: note: expanded from macro 'CSV_MXERR'
#define CSV_MXERR 200
                  ^~~
/usr/include/secure/_stdio.h:75:57: note: expanded from macro 'vsnprintf'
  __builtin___vsnprintf_chk (str, len, 0, __darwin_obsz(str), format, ap)
                                                        ^~~
/usr/include/secure/_common.h:39:54: note: expanded from macro '__darwin_obsz'
#define __darwin_obsz(object) __builtin_object_size (object, _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL > 1 ? 1 : 0)
                                                     ^~~~~~
1 warning and 1 error generated.


Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,


Gavin Rayner


_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error whilst trying to compile csv.c

Richard Hipp-3
On 8/8/17, Gavin Rayner <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I’m new to sqlite and C. I get this error whilst trying to compile csv.c on
> macOS 10.12.6. See http://sqlite.org/csv.html <http://sqlite.org/csv.html>

It appears that recent versions of XCode have created a macro
"vsnprintf" in the <stdio.h>.  I'm not sure that is allowed.  But
allowed or not, it does cause a symbol conflict within SQLite, which
also uses that label.

I do not have a solution just yet.

>
> gavmacbook:code Gavin$ gcc -g -fPIC -dynamiclib csv.c -o csv.dylib
> csv.c:115:3: error: no member named '__builtin___vsnprintf_chk' in 'struct
> sqlite3_api_routines'
>   sqlite3_vsnprintf(CSV_MXERR, p->zErr, zFormat, ap);
>   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> /usr/include/sqlite3ext.h:435:53: note: expanded from macro
> 'sqlite3_vsnprintf'
> #define sqlite3_vsnprintf              sqlite3_api->vsnprintf
>                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~  ^
> /usr/include/secure/_stdio.h:75:3: note: expanded from macro 'vsnprintf'
>   __builtin___vsnprintf_chk (str, len, 0, __darwin_obsz(str), format, ap)
>   ^
> csv.c:115:21: warning: incompatible integer to pointer conversion passing
> 'int' to parameter of type 'const void *' [-Wint-conversion]
>   sqlite3_vsnprintf(CSV_MXERR, p->zErr, zFormat, ap);
>                     ^~~~~~~~~
> csv.c:67:19: note: expanded from macro 'CSV_MXERR'
> #define CSV_MXERR 200
>                   ^~~
> /usr/include/secure/_stdio.h:75:57: note: expanded from macro 'vsnprintf'
>   __builtin___vsnprintf_chk (str, len, 0, __darwin_obsz(str), format, ap)
>                                                         ^~~
> /usr/include/secure/_common.h:39:54: note: expanded from macro
> '__darwin_obsz'
> #define __darwin_obsz(object) __builtin_object_size (object,
> _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL > 1 ? 1 : 0)
>                                                      ^~~~~~
> 1 warning and 1 error generated.
>
>
> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
>
> Gavin Rayner
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> sqlite-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
>


--
D. Richard Hipp
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Error whilst trying to compile csv.c

Richard Hipp-3
A fix is now on trunk.  https://www.sqlite.org/src/info/795eede331b832a5

On 8/8/17, Richard Hipp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 8/8/17, Gavin Rayner <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I’m new to sqlite and C. I get this error whilst trying to compile csv.c
>> on
>> macOS 10.12.6. See http://sqlite.org/csv.html
>> <http://sqlite.org/csv.html>
>
> It appears that recent versions of XCode have created a macro
> "vsnprintf" in the <stdio.h>.  I'm not sure that is allowed.  But
> allowed or not, it does cause a symbol conflict within SQLite, which
> also uses that label.
>
> I do not have a solution just yet.
>
>>
>> gavmacbook:code Gavin$ gcc -g -fPIC -dynamiclib csv.c -o csv.dylib
>> csv.c:115:3: error: no member named '__builtin___vsnprintf_chk' in
>> 'struct
>> sqlite3_api_routines'
>>   sqlite3_vsnprintf(CSV_MXERR, p->zErr, zFormat, ap);
>>   ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> /usr/include/sqlite3ext.h:435:53: note: expanded from macro
>> 'sqlite3_vsnprintf'
>> #define sqlite3_vsnprintf              sqlite3_api->vsnprintf
>>                                        ~~~~~~~~~~~  ^
>> /usr/include/secure/_stdio.h:75:3: note: expanded from macro 'vsnprintf'
>>   __builtin___vsnprintf_chk (str, len, 0, __darwin_obsz(str), format, ap)
>>   ^
>> csv.c:115:21: warning: incompatible integer to pointer conversion passing
>> 'int' to parameter of type 'const void *' [-Wint-conversion]
>>   sqlite3_vsnprintf(CSV_MXERR, p->zErr, zFormat, ap);
>>                     ^~~~~~~~~
>> csv.c:67:19: note: expanded from macro 'CSV_MXERR'
>> #define CSV_MXERR 200
>>                   ^~~
>> /usr/include/secure/_stdio.h:75:57: note: expanded from macro 'vsnprintf'
>>   __builtin___vsnprintf_chk (str, len, 0, __darwin_obsz(str), format, ap)
>>                                                         ^~~
>> /usr/include/secure/_common.h:39:54: note: expanded from macro
>> '__darwin_obsz'
>> #define __darwin_obsz(object) __builtin_object_size (object,
>> _USE_FORTIFY_LEVEL > 1 ? 1 : 0)
>>                                                      ^~~~~~
>> 1 warning and 1 error generated.
>>
>>
>> Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>>
>> Gavin Rayner
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> sqlite-users mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
>>
>
>
> --
> D. Richard Hipp
> [hidden email]
>


--
D. Richard Hipp
[hidden email]
_______________________________________________
sqlite-users mailing list
[hidden email]
http://mailinglists.sqlite.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/sqlite-users
Loading...