Exception in SQLite.dll (1.0.111.0)

Vishruth H V
Hi SQLite team,

I have been using the System.Data.SQLite.dll (1.0.111.0) and
System.Data.SQLite.Linq.dll (1.0.111.0) assemblies in my .NET Framework 3.5
SP1 application. SQLite database has 4 tables in it. Each table will be
inserted with more than 50 data at once. When the data for all the tables
is inserted for more than 20 times continuously,
*System.AccessViolationException:
Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication
that other memory is corrupt error* will occur and data will not be saved
to database.

Earlier, I was using 1.0.103.0 version assemblies and noticed the same
behavior. Issue occurs in the latest version as well. Application will
perform some operation and will insert the data continuously to database.
Few data will be skipped to save because of the exception. Please help me
out with this issue or let me know any workaround that can fix this issue.
Let me know if you need any logs information.

Thank you,

Regards,

Vishruth

--

*DISCLAIMER:*This
email and any files transmitted with it are

Any
views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent
the organization. Employees of Utthunga Technologies
Pvt. Ltd. are
expressly instructed not to make defamatory statements and not to
infringe
or authorize any infringement of copyright or any other legal right by

email communications. Any such communication is contrary to Utthunga's
policy
and outside the scope of the employment of the individual concerned
and
Utthunga will not accept any liability in respect of such
communication, and
the employee responsible will be personally liable for
any damages or other
liability arising.

Computer
viruses can be
transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and
any
attachments for the presence of viruses. Utthunga accepts no liability for

Re: Exception in SQLite.dll (1.0.111.0)

Joe Mistachkin-3

Vishruth H V wrote:

> I have been using the System.Data.SQLite.dll (1.0.111.0) and
> System.Data.SQLite.Linq.dll (1.0.111.0) assemblies in my .NET Framework
3.5
> SP1 application. SQLite database has 4 tables in it. Each table will be
> inserted with more than 50 data at once. When the data for all the tables
> is inserted for more than 20 times continuously,
> *System.AccessViolationException:
> Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication
> that other memory is corrupt error* will occur and data will not be saved
> to database.

Do you have a stack trace where the exception is thrown?

Are you using the pre-built binaries available for download on the web site
or binaries that you built locally?  If built locally, can you provide the
build logs?

Is your application multithreaded?  If so, are you using System.Data.SQLite
on more than one thread?  Further, are you making sure that all objects that
belong to a connection opened on a given thread X are not references on any
other threads at the same time (including SQLiteCommand, SQLiteDataReader,
et al)?

--
Joe Mistachkin

Re: [EXTERNAL] Exception in SQLite.dll (1.0.111.0)

Memory corruption errors are usually caused by application code. SQLite just happens to notice this first.

The most common errors include, in no particular order, uninitialized variables, dangling pointers and race conditions.

any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. _______________________________________________