Extracting metadata about generated columns with SQL only?

Extracting metadata about generated columns with SQL only?

Justin Ng
SQLite 3.31 introduced generated columns.

However, pragma table_xinfo() does not seem to give you the parenthesized expression of a generated column.

Is there a version of "dflt_value" (in table_xinfo()) for generated columns? How would I access that?

Also, does the "hidden" column (in table_xinfo()) with a value of "2" always mean the column is a generated column?

It looks like I'd have to do SELECT sql FROM sqlite_master; and parse the SQL string to get information about generated columns but this sounds like a terrible and error-prone idea; I'd like to avoid it, if possible.