FaceBook reduced Messenger size partly through increased use of SQLite

FaceBook reduced Messenger size partly through increased use of SQLite

Shane Harrelson
FaceBook significantly reduced the size of its Messenger app partly by
relying on SQLite to do more of the heavy lifting:

"Project LightSpeed: How Facebook shrunk Messenger down by 75%"
https://www.fastcompany.com/90470219/project-lightspeed-how-facebook-shrunk-messenger-down-by-75

"With LightSpeed, the company found that it could replace much of this
functionality with the widely used SQLite open-source database. 'We made a
bigger bet on it,' says Agsen. 'Things we would have done in memory, we put
in a database.'"