Final Year Project/Dissertation help required!!

Final Year Project/Dissertation help required!!

John Newby
Hi, I am doing my final year project/dissertation on "Creating a GUI to
SQLite"

I am after help for my analysis phase and would like any comments/help from
anyone or if you could put me in the right direction as to where I could
find out this information.

I would like information regarding SQLite for the following if at all
possible:-

Why users use SQLite instead of other SQL databases?
Would a GUI detract users from using SQLite?

Regarding a GUI to SQLite:-

What features a GUI MUST have?
What features you would LIKE a GUI to have?
What features you would NOT LIKE to have?

Any help on these questions or any other information you may feel would help
me on my journey would be greatfully appreciated.

You can contact me at my University email address on [hidden email]

Many thanks for your help.

John.

Re: Final Year Project/Dissertation help required!!

Ran-3
Dear John,

Unlike some other readers here, I appreciate very much your question. I find
it very good that students choose to work with open source in their final
projects. Many successful open source projects started this way. So I call
this healthy cooperation and not "asking the community to do your homework".

And to your question: An original (I think) feature I would really be happy
to find in such a GUI is some sort of graphical representation of the
explanation of a query (EXPLAIN). Something that will be clear enough so the
users can understand why the query runs slower then expected, how to rewrite
it to run faster, or which index could be added.
I know that some of you out there can read vdbe while asleep. But I am not
that fast, and although I spent the time learning it, I still find it tough
to understand for complex queries.

Ran.