Quantcast

Find out if a *.db file has been modified externally?

Find out if a *.db file has been modified externally?

david
Hello Forum members,
I have zero knowledge about databases or any programming language/coding, but have a situation to tackle so need any help. Please guide me to the right direction/forum/site if this situation/question doesn't fit here.
I have an application/single file executable which generates a single *.db file for all the data/content entered into it. Users are expected to enter/edit/modify the data by running this application. But I suspect, a few users have not used the application at all and have been directly modifying the *.db file associated with it. Is there a way to tell through investigation or simple logic if a particular DB file was modified by any third party software/program and not the intended application associated with it. I have full access to the DB file but need a way to figure out if this was modified(data was entered/deleted/changed by directly opening the database file) externally/manually or by the application. I just know that this is an SQLITE Format 3 file.

I tried google but did not get a precise answer to my situation.
Please let me know if any more details would be required to resolve/solve this situation. I would be happy to find out whatever I can.