First time poster: need advise

Igor Korot
Hi, ALL,
My name is Igor. I have been doing programming for a long period of
time, and now work as a freelancer.
For one of my projects I am looking to utilize SQLite.

I downloaded the SQLite3 for Windows and made the database and one
table (that's all I need for now).

I will be using the database from the C++ code on the crossplatform
application (Windows/Mac).

When I tried to download the precompiled developmental package for
Windows I saw the sqlite-dll-win32-x86-3071400.zip. However this file
contains DLL file and no .h.

Where can I get the headers? Do I need to download amalgamation archive?

Thank you.

Re: First time poster: need advise

Igor Korot
Sorry for top posting, but...

I just tried to download both of those files. I added include path,
library path and the dll.
However, during linking of my project I got: fatal error LNK1107:
invalid or corrupt file: cannot read at 0x470.

I tried to download sqlite-winrt-3071400.vsix but I got an error: The
extension manifest is invalid.

I have MSVC 2010 Professional with Windows 7 64-bit. However my
project will be compiled in 32-bit mode.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

On Thu, Sep 20, 2012 at 4:10 PM, Igor Korot <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi, ALL,
> My name is Igor. I have been doing programming for a long period of
> time, and now work as a freelancer.
> For one of my projects I am looking to utilize SQLite.
>
> I downloaded the SQLite3 for Windows and made the database and one
> table (that's all I need for now).
>
> I will be using the database from the C++ code on the crossplatform
> application (Windows/Mac).
>
> When I tried to download the precompiled developmental package for
> Windows I saw the sqlite-dll-win32-x86-3071400.zip. However this file
> contains DLL file and no .h.
>
> Where can I get the headers? Do I need to download amalgamation archive?
>
> Thank you.

Re: First time poster: need advise

Igor Tandetnik
Igor Korot <[hidden email]> wrote:
> When I tried to download the precompiled developmental package for
> Windows I saw the sqlite-dll-win32-x86-3071400.zip. However this file
> contains DLL file and no .h.
>
> Where can I get the headers? Do I need to download amalgamation archive?

Yes. You would also need an import library - a LIB file. You make one as described at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/131313 . Simply run this command:

lib /DEF:sqlite.def

LIB tool is found in /bin subfolder of your Visual Studio installation.
--
Igor Tandetnik

Re: First time poster: need advise

Igor Tandetnik
Igor Korot <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I just tried to download both of those files. I added include path,
> library path and the dll.
> However, during linking of my project I got: fatal error LNK1107:
> invalid or corrupt file: cannot read at 0x470.

You don't link with the DLL directly. You link with an import library.
--
Igor Tandetnik

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 5:41 AM, Igor Tandetnik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Igor Korot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> I just tried to download both of those files. I added include path,
>> library path and the dll.
>> However, during linking of my project I got: fatal error LNK1107:
>> invalid or corrupt file: cannot read at 0x470.
>
> You don't link with the DLL directly. You link with an import library.
> --
> Igor Tandetnik

Re: First time poster: need advise

Igor Korot
Igor,

On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 5:40 AM, Igor Tandetnik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Igor Korot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> When I tried to download the precompiled developmental package for
>> Windows I saw the sqlite-dll-win32-x86-3071400.zip. However this file
>> contains DLL file and no .h.
>>
>> Where can I get the headers? Do I need to download amalgamation archive?
>
> Yes. You would also need an import library - a LIB file. You make one as described at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/131313 . Simply run this command:
>
> lib /DEF:sqlite.def
>
> LIB tool is found in /bin subfolder of your Visual Studio installation.

Stupid question: why not provide .h and .lib files as well in one
archive along with .dll?
The comment on those files says: This is all that is needed to do the
development.

Thank you.

On 9/21/2012 4:40 PM, Igor Korot wrote:
> Igor,
>
> Stupid question: why not provide .h and .lib files as well in one
> archive along with .dll?

No idea. I'm not a SQLite developer, just a user like you.
--
Igor Tandetnik

Re: First time poster: need advise

Teg-3
Hello Igor,

Why  don't you download the C and H file from the amalgamation and then
compile  it  into  your program? That's how I do it. No fuss no muss. No
worry about DLL version problems too.

IK> Igor,

IK> On Fri, Sep 21, 2012 at 5:40 AM, Igor Tandetnik <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Igor Korot <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> When I tried to download the precompiled developmental package for
>>> Windows I saw the sqlite-dll-win32-x86-3071400.zip. However this file
>>> contains DLL file and no .h.
>>>
>>> Where can I get the headers? Do I need to download amalgamation archive?
>>
>> Yes. You would also need an import library - a LIB file. You make one as described at http://support.microsoft.com/kb/131313 . Simply run this command:
>>
>> lib /DEF:sqlite.def
>>
>> LIB tool is found in /bin subfolder of your Visual Studio installation.

IK> Stupid question: why not provide .h and .lib files as well in one
IK> archive along with .dll?
IK> The comment on those files says: This is all that is needed to do the
IK> development.

IK> Thank you.

>> --
>> Igor Tandetnik

Best regards,
 Teg                            mailto:[hidden email]