Fix for 32bit compilation on Solaris

Vladimir Marek
Hi,

Compilers shipped with Solaris were traditionally compiling 32bit
binaries unless specified otherwise. This changed recently, the default
is 64bit binaries. So if you want to compile 32bit object, you have to
specify -m32. That slightly breaks sqlite configuration script as it
expects 32bit output with no arguments. The fix is simple - specify
'-m32' for 32bit compilation. The change is backwards compatible, -m32
always meant 32bit objects. I am attaching the patch to latest sqlite
release.

Thank you
--
        Vlad

32.patch (636 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: Fix for 32bit compilation on Solaris

Bob Friesenhahn
On Thu, 30 Nov 2017, Vladimir Marek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Compilers shipped with Solaris were traditionally compiling 32bit
> binaries unless specified otherwise. This changed recently, the default
> is 64bit binaries. So if you want to compile 32bit object, you have to
> specify -m32. That slightly breaks sqlite configuration script as it
> expects 32bit output with no arguments. The fix is simple - specify
> '-m32' for 32bit compilation. The change is backwards compatible, -m32
> always meant 32bit objects. I am attaching the patch to latest sqlite
> release.

The tcl.m4 file comes from the TEA package.  Sqlite could fix its copy
but you should report this upstream from where it came from so that
all Tcl extensions which update their TEA package will benefit.

See http://wiki.tcl.tk/327 and https://github.com/tcltk/tclconfig

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn