Fossil error: Table plink has no column named baseid

Fossil error: Table plink has no column named baseid

Domingo Alvarez Duarte
Hello Richard !

I have done a port/adaptation of fossil for android but haven't updated
it for some time, today I updated it to the latest fossil and when
trying to sync the original fossil clone on android I'm getting this error:

Table plink has no column named baseid:

INSERT OR IGNORE INTO plink(pid, cid, isprim, mtime, baseid)

VALUES(19502, 28178, 1, 2456451.609110463, NULL);

I was expecting that fossil would detect and update the schema by itself.

Cheers !

Re: Fossil error: Table plink has no column named baseid

Richard Hipp-3
Normally it does, but your repository might be too old.  Try running
"fossil rebuild" first and that will likely fix it.

On 4/6/17, Domingo Alvarez Duarte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello Richard !
>
> I have done a port/adaptation of fossil for android but haven't updated
> it for some time, today I updated it to the latest fossil and when
> trying to sync the original fossil clone on android I'm getting this error:
>
> Table plink has no column named baseid:
>
> INSERT OR IGNORE INTO plink(pid, cid, isprim, mtime, baseid)
>
> VALUES(19502, 28178, 1, 2456451.609110463, NULL);
>
> I was expecting that fossil would detect and update the schema by itself.
>
> Cheers !

Re: Fossil error: Table plink has no column named baseid

Domingo Alvarez Duarte
Hello Richard !

Thanks for the reply, after issuing a rebuild it's now syncing (not
finished yet).

Doing this port to android one of it's usage case is to have a portable
offline repository on the go, and for some big repositories probably
having the full repository is not needed, git has an option "git clone
some_git_url --depth 1" and looking at fossil it doesn't seem to provide
anything like that.

How could we clone/sync a fossil repository with "n" depth commits ?

Cheers !

On 06/04/17 21:01, Richard Hipp wrote:

> Normally it does, but your repository might be too old.  Try running
> "fossil rebuild" first and that will likely fix it.
>

> On 4/6/17, Domingo Alvarez Duarte <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hello Richard !
>>
>> I have done a port/adaptation of fossil for android but haven't updated
>> it for some time, today I updated it to the latest fossil and when
>> trying to sync the original fossil clone on android I'm getting this error:
>>
>> Table plink has no column named baseid:
>>
>> INSERT OR IGNORE INTO plink(pid, cid, isprim, mtime, baseid)
>>
>> VALUES(19502, 28178, 1, 2456451.609110463, NULL);
>>
>> I was expecting that fossil would detect and update the schema by itself.
>>
>> Cheers !

Re: Fossil error: Table plink has no column named baseid

Richard Hipp-3
On 4/6/17, Domingo Alvarez Duarte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How could we clone/sync a fossil repository with "n" depth commits ?

Can't be done right now.  And because of the way propagating tags are
handled, doing so would be tricky.  But we have thought about it.

Re: Fossil error: Table plink has no column named baseid

Warren Young
On Apr 6, 2017, at 6:28 PM, Domingo Alvarez Duarte <[hidden email]> wrote:

> How could we clone/sync a fossil repository with "n" depth commits ?

That’s called a shallow clone, and it comes up on the Fossil Users’ mailing list from time to time:

    https://www.mail-archive.com/search?q=shallow+clone&l=fossil-users%40lists.fossil-scm.org

Such things are probably better discussed there, rather than on the SQLite mailing list.

Re: Fossil error: Table plink has no column named baseid

Domingo Alvarez Duarte
Hello Warren !

Thanks for reply !

I only did it here because I need to create/recover an account on fossil
mailing lists (at times is a pain isolated silos).

And yes I was thinking on something like what is described on the link
you've passed, on mobile devices only the tip of the repository would
enough most of the time.

Cheers !