Full text search without full phrase matches

Full text search without full phrase matches

Philip Bennefall
Hi all,

I am new to this maling list and to SqLite, so I wanted to start by thanking all of those who make this project a reality. It is a great tool.

Now, to my question. I am trying to use the full text search feature to find rough matches for a chat robot. Basically I want to match as many keywords as possible, but not necessarily all of them. The results should be sorted based on how many keywords were found in the phrase and how closely ordered they are to the query. In other words the ordering doesn't have to be exact, but the closer it is, the higher the result should rank. Similarly, even if only one or two words in the phrase are found it should match, but rank higher the more of the words that are present. I have read the reference and I see the NEAR statement and the matchinfo function, as well as the example of how to use it, but I cannot figure out how to apply this knowledge to my specific problem. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall