Fw: bestIndex with Float values

Sankara Narayanan
Hi,

A gentle reminder requesting for  clarification. If our processor does not
support floating points how do I modify the bestIndex function so that the
functionality is not affected.

Please advise.

Thank you,
With Regards,
Sankara Narayanan
Philips Innovation Campus
No 1, Murphy Road,
Ulsoor, Bangalore - 560008.
Ph - 0091-80-25579000 Extn 5121

"Utthistatha Jaagrata Praapya Varaan Nibodhatha"
----- Forwarded by Sankara Narayanan/BTC/PIN/PHILIPS on 2005-09-27 05:18
PM -----

Sankara Narayanan <[hidden email]>
Please respond to

"SQLITE " <[hidden email]>
cc

Subject
[sqlite] bestIndex with Float values
Classification

Hi,

We have sqlite ported onto an Arm7 processor based embedded application
with no FloatingPoint support. In our previous versions of sqlite (we were

till now using 3.0.8 which does not have AutoIncrement functionality) we
were switching OFF the double variables and values through
etNOFLOATINGPOINT switch definition (we manually cover the functions that
use double through these switches). Currently we are moving to 3.2.5 since

it is a stable production quality archive and we find that in where.c
there is a function to determine BestIndex for a particular table. This
function is BestIndex function which uses Floating point variables and
values. Is there a way where we could redefine this function without
floating point variable support? If we switch this whole function OFF, we
are not be able to build the application.

Please advise.

Thank you,

With Regards,
Sankara Narayanan
Philips Innovation Campus
No 1, Murphy Road,
Ulsoor, Bangalore - 560008.
Ph - 0091-80-25579000 Extn 5121

"Utthistatha Jaagrata Praapya Varaan Nibodhatha"

Re: Fw: bestIndex with Float values

D. Richard Hipp
On Tue, 2005-09-27 at 17:14 +0530, Sankara Narayanan wrote:
> A gentle reminder requesting for  clarification. If our processor does not
> support floating points how do I modify the bestIndex function so that the
> functionality is not affected.

(1) Get a compile (such as gcc) that will emulate floating point.
(2) Modify the code to use integers rather than doubles to score
    indices in the optimizer.

--
D. Richard Hipp <[hidden email]>