How to contact Android Sqlite Bindings Maintainers?

How to contact Android Sqlite Bindings Maintainers?

David White
I am stuck trying to use the precompiled binaries + Android bindings on
Android 8. Does anyone know how to reach the maintainers for this stuff?
I have posted a ticket on the wiki but no luck.

Thanks

Re: How to contact Android Sqlite Bindings Maintainers?

Dan Kennedy-4
On 09/19/2018 12:18 AM, David White wrote:
> I am stuck trying to use the precompiled binaries + Android bindings on
> Android 8. Does anyone know how to reach the maintainers for this stuff?

Posting here will work.

> I have posted a ticket on the wiki but no luck.

This one, correct?

   https://sqlite.org/android/info/28d442a2c39bd546

Thanks for reporting the problem. I actually didn't know you could post
tickets there - hence the lack of response. Sorry about that.

Should now be fixed here:

   https://sqlite.org/android/info/a113b9be83987fb8

Dan.

Re: How to contact Android Sqlite Bindings Maintainers?

David White
On 09/19/2018 12:18 AM, David White wrote:
 >> I am stuck trying to use the precompiled binaries + Android bindings on
 >> Android 8. Does anyone know how to reach the maintainers for this stuff?

 >Posting here will work.

 >> I have posted a ticket on the wiki but no luck.

 >This one, correct?

 >   https://sqlite.org/android/info/28d442a2c39bd546

 >Thanks for reporting the problem. I actually didn't know you could post
 >tickets there - hence the lack of response. Sorry about that.
 >
 >Should now be fixed here:
 >
 >   https://sqlite.org/android/info/a113b9be83987fb8
 >
 >Dan.

Hello Dan. I was actually referring to this ticket:

https://sqlite.org/android/tktview?name=931fee2609

Thanks alot.

On 09/19/2018 03:54 AM, David White wrote:

> On 09/19/2018 12:18 AM, David White wrote:
>>> I am stuck trying to use the precompiled binaries + Android bindings on
>>> Android 8. Does anyone know how to reach the maintainers for this stuff?
>
>>Posting here will work.
>
>>> I have posted a ticket on the wiki but no luck.
>
>>This one, correct?
>
>>   https://sqlite.org/android/info/28d442a2c39bd546
>
>>Thanks for reporting the problem. I actually didn't know you could post
>>tickets there - hence the lack of response. Sorry about that.
>>
>>Should now be fixed here:
>>
>>   https://sqlite.org/android/info/a113b9be83987fb8
>>
>>Dan.
>
> Hello Dan. I was actually referring to this ticket:
>
> https://sqlite.org/android/tktview?name=931fee2609

I haven't been able to reproduce this so far. Is the error occurring on
all Android 8 platforms, or only for one user?

If you build and try to run your app in an Android 8 emulator from
within android-studio, does it work?

Thanks,
Dan.

> Thanks alot.
>
> ---

Re: How to contact Android Sqlite Bindings Maintainers?

David White-2
Hi Dan and thanks again for your response.

So far, I have heard this from only a single user. Silly Google no
longer seems to produce ARM system images for the emulator so I cannot
test as my computers are all AMD. So I cannot say about that. Wish I
could. I have tried.

Here is the device info from the device in question:

This is some information about your device...

Linux Version: 3.18.100-ga765425
Android SDK Version: 28
Maker: Google
Brand: google
Product: marlin
Device: marlin
Model: Pixel XL

The device is rooted for sure - using Magisk.

In looking at the callback trace it appears that the issue is happening
in the GetField call and I see 3 of them in the source code for the
register function. I don't see why any of them should fail unless, of
course, the classes.jar is having troubles. I have it in my project
under libs along with all of the pre-built .so files. That has always
worked for me in the past. And the same thing happened on this device
using a previous build of the bindings.

Thanks for your time and help.

Re: How to contact Android Sqlite Bindings Maintainers?

David White
Dan,

Please don't waste your time on this thread any more at this point. My
last post made me think enough (what a concept!) to look at the
classes.dex in my exported .apk and there is something not right. It is
way too small. So I think something in my build is messed up. That would
explain things. Sorry for the bother!

On 9/19/2018 8:35 AM, David White wrote:

> Oops. Just sent this from the wrong email account. Sorry for any
> duplication.
>
> Hi Dan and thanks again for your response.
>
> So far, I have heard this from only a single user. Silly Google no
> longer seems to produce ARM system images for the emulator so I cannot
> test as my computers are all AMD. So I cannot say about that. Wish I
> could. I have tried.
>
> Here is the device info from the device in question:
>

> This is some information about your device...
>
> Linux Version: 3.18.100-ga765425
> Android SDK Version: 28
> Maker: Google
> Brand: google
> Product: marlin
> Device: marlin
> Model: Pixel XL
>
> The device is rooted for sure - using Magisk.
>
> In looking at the callback trace it appears that the issue is happening
> in the GetField call and I see 3 of them in the source code for the
> register function. I don't see why any of them should fail unless, of
> course, the classes.jar is having troubles. I have it in my project
> under libs along with all of the pre-built .so files. That has always
> worked for me in the past. And the same thing happened on this device
> using a previous build of the bindings.
>
> Thanks for your time and help.

Re: How to contact Android Sqlite Bindings Maintainers?

David White
Ok, hosed over by proguard once again. Needed to make sure the following
was in my proguard-project.txt file:

-keep class org.sqlite.** { *; }

Oh man! I must be getting old.