I need one or two testers for my SQLITE3 DBMS tool i wrote.

I need one or two testers for my SQLITE3 DBMS tool i wrote.

Edwin Knoppert

I only need a list what i need to correct like critical errors, not what to
change like gui changes or similar.
It's a freeware tool and not being released before it had a better test than
i did.

Mail me if you want to help.

App consists from exe, hlp and sqlite3 dll.
hope you'll look into the help as well.

Here is an image:
http://www.hellobasic.com/images/pbsdbms.jpg

Thanks!

Re: I need one or two testers for my SQLITE3 DBMS tool i wrote.

Andrew Brampton
Sure I'll help out.

Andrew

> I only need a list what i need to correct like critical errors, not what
> to change like gui changes or similar.
> It's a freeware tool and not being released before it had a better test
> than i did.
>
> Mail me if you want to help.
>
> App consists from exe, hlp and sqlite3 dll.
> hope you'll look into the help as well.
>
> Here is an image:
> http://www.hellobasic.com/images/pbsdbms.jpg
>
> Thanks!

Re: I need one or two testers for my SQLITE3 DBMS tool i wrote.

Dr Gerard Hammond
At 9:29 AM +0200 16/8/05, Edwin Knoppert wrote:

>I only need a list what i need to correct like critical errors, not
>what to change like gui changes or similar.
>It's a freeware tool and not being released before it had a better
>test than i did.
>
>Mail me if you want to help.
>
>App consists from exe, hlp and sqlite3 dll.
>hope you'll look into the help as well.
>
>Here is an image:
>http://www.hellobasic.com/images/pbsdbms.jpg
>
>Thanks!

Does it run under MacOS X. If so, then I'd be happy to test.
--

Cheers,

Dr Gerard Hammond
Bioinformatic Analyst
Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, Australia.

Bioinformatics is the science of managing,  mining, and interpreting
information from biological and clinical data, including  sequences,
structures, gene expression profiles, mass spectra and medical
records.

Convert / Import

administrator-20
Does anybody know a good/quick way to convert  from V.Fox 8 .dbf to sqlite
format ? I tried to export to .csv from Visual Fox , then to import into .db
using SQLite Database Browser but it just takes to much time (running for
2h50m now and still going, a ~ 2.000.000. rows each with 32 fields ) and
hassle. Any quick way to do this ?

Thank you.

Dumitru Florin.

Re: Convert / Import

Sergey Startsev
Hello administrator,

Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 5:01:23 PM, you wrote:

a> Does anybody know a good/quick way to convert  from V.Fox 8 .dbf to sqlite
a> format ? I tried to export to .csv from Visual Fox , then to import into .db
a> using SQLite Database Browser but it just takes to much time (running for
a> 2h50m now and still going, a ~ 2.000.000. rows each with 32 fields ) and
a> hassle. Any quick way to do this ?

You can try SQLite Analyzer
http://www.kraslabs.com/sqlite_analyzer.html

--
Best regards

 Sergey Startsev

Re: I need one or two testers for my SQLITE3 DBMS tool i wrote.

Edwin Knoppert
Only Windows i'm affraid.
(Virtual PC?)

> At 9:29 AM +0200 16/8/05, Edwin Knoppert wrote:
>>I only need a list what i need to correct like critical errors, not what
>>to change like gui changes or similar.
>>It's a freeware tool and not being released before it had a better test
>>than i did.
>>
>>Mail me if you want to help.
>>
>>App consists from exe, hlp and sqlite3 dll.
>>hope you'll look into the help as well.
>>
>>Here is an image:
>>http://www.hellobasic.com/images/pbsdbms.jpg
>>
>>Thanks!
>
> Does it run under MacOS X. If so, then I'd be happy to test.
> --
>
> Cheers,
>
> Dr Gerard Hammond
> Bioinformatic Analyst
> Garvan Institute of Medical Research, Sydney, Australia.
>
> Bioinformatics is the science of managing,  mining, and interpreting
> information from biological and clinical data, including  sequences,
> structures, gene expression profiles, mass spectra and medical records.

Re: I need one or two testers for my SQLITE3 DBMS tool i wrote.

Edwin Knoppert
Sent..

>> I only need a list what i need to correct like critical errors, not what
>> to change like gui changes or similar.
>> It's a freeware tool and not being released before it had a better test
>> than i did.
>>
>> Mail me if you want to help.
>>
>> App consists from exe, hlp and sqlite3 dll.
>> hope you'll look into the help as well.
>>
>> Here is an image:
>> http://www.hellobasic.com/images/pbsdbms.jpg
>>
>> Thanks!

Re: Convert / Import

administrator-20
Thank you ! That did it in 17 minutes.

> Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 5:01:23 PM, you wrote:
>
> a> Does anybody know a good/quick way to convert  from V.Fox 8 .dbf to
sqlite
> a> format ? I tried to export to .csv from Visual Fox , then to import
into .db
> a> using SQLite Database Browser but it just takes to much time (running
for
> a> 2h50m now and still going, a ~ 2.000.000. rows each with 32 fields )
and

> a> hassle. Any quick way to do this ?
>
> You can try SQLite Analyzer
> http://www.kraslabs.com/sqlite_analyzer.html
>

> --
> Best regards
>
>  Sergey Startsev

Re[2]: Convert / Import

Sergey Startsev
Hello administrator,

Tuesday, August 16, 2005, 6:06:41 PM, you wrote:
a> Thank you ! That did it in 17 minutes.
Not at all!

--
Best regards

 Sergey Startsev
 SQLite Analyzer - SQLite database management tool with GUI.
 http://www.kraslabs.com/sqlite_analyzer.html

The total when using LIMIT clause

Ligesh

  How do we know the total number of results, when we are using LIMIT? is there any parameter that returns the real number of matches?

  Thanks in advance.

:: Ligesh

RE: Convert / Import

Griggs, Donald

Does anybody know a good/quick way to convert  from V.Fox 8 .dbf to sqlite
format ? I tried to export to .csv from Visual Fox , then to import into .db
using SQLite Database Browser but it just takes to much time (running for
2h50m now and still going, a ~ 2.000.000. rows each with 32 fields ) and
hassle. Any quick way to do this ?

Thank you.

Dumitru Florin.

If you end up continuing to use .CSV and importing, you may want to create
your indices after the import, and turn the synchronous parameter OFF (until
after the conversion).  These should reduce the total conversion time.

Donald Griggs

Opinions are not necessarily those of Misys Healthcare Systems nor its board
of directors.

Re: I need one or two testers for my SQLITE3 DBMS tool i wrote.

Edwin Knoppert
Hmm, my previous post got not posted because the correct address wasn't set.
Can't get a grip on this board yet :)

A duplicate is not created if there was an error.
And if the name already exists but that would generate an error as well.
You might have been mistaken since there is a sort in the tablenames (?)

I know the gui is not 100%, the technical part is more important for me now.
Writting a better gui can always be done in the future.

There are enough parts in the code i wouldn't publish.

The bottlenecks are the table rebuilds and duplicates+data.
In both cases the table is copied to a new one.
All data *must* be equal as before of course.
pbsdbms transfers data in the X' HEX ' format and should be safe.
But still, databases are very important and if a mistake is made you might
never find out until...?
Therefore the warnings and this extra testing.

Don't forget to check the help, import is a nice feature, all OLEDB/ADO
stuff can be read in (i hope :) )

Give the QBE part a try, it's clean and simple.
Looks like access QBE.
The result query can be copied onto the clipboard and placed in a view or
whatever.
The querydef's are maintained in an 'hidden' table.
(It's made hidden in pbsdbms only of course)

Version 2 is rather obsolete, are there more people interested in v2.8
support?
And why?
Afaik only the blob part might be troublesome for me.
Maybe no NUL char support.
Not my favourite, i like sqlite3 as it is now very.

Re: The total when using LIMIT clause

Christian Smith
On Tue, 16 Aug 2005, Ligesh wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  How do we know the total number of results, when we are using LIMIT? is
>  there any parameter that returns the real number of matches?

Not as far as I know, but if you're after a "displaying X of Y rows" type
result, you can get the total number of rows beforehand, wrapping it all
in a transaction:

begin;
-- Get Y row count of matches
select count(*) from <table> where <condition>;
-- Get X rows
commit;

>:: Ligesh

Christian

--
    /"\
    \ /    ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN - AGAINST HTML MAIL
     X                           - AGAINST MS ATTACHMENTS
    / \

Re: Convert / Import

Bogusław Brandys