Incorrect join result with duplicate WHERE clause constraint (again)

Incorrect join result with duplicate WHERE clause constraint (again)

Jim Bosch
In 3.31.1, this self-contained script, which joins to an unnecessary table
and adds what should be a redundant but harmless WHERE constraint on it:

https://gist.github.com/TallJimbo/d819876a77cfd79312ad48508cfdd8a2

returns incorrect results (which clearly violate the redundant
constraint).  Removing either of the two redundant constraints fixes the
problem.  The results in 3.27.2 and 3.30.1 were correct.

Tests were done with SQLite packages from the Anaconda Python distribution,
against regular file-based databases.  I didn't see any active tickets that
appeared to be related, but I did find
https://www.sqlite.org/src/tktview?name=cf5ed20fc8, which was reported
against 3.25 and seems to have fixed before any of the versions I tested -
I'm not sure if this is just a reappearance of that bug, but it's at least
very similar.

Hope this is useful!

Jim Bosch

Re: Incorrect join result with duplicate WHERE clause constraint (again)

Richard Hipp-3
On 2/13/20, Jim Bosch <[hidden email]> wrote:
> https://gist.github.com/TallJimbo/d819876a77cfd79312ad48508cfdd8a2

Thanks for the very succinct bug report.  The problem is now fixed on
trunk. https://www.sqlite.org/src/timeline?c=c9a8defcef35a1fe