Incremental BLOB IO

Mike King-6
Hi,

I'm trying to understand incremental BLOB IO using the latest
System.Data.Sqlite and C#.

I've got some test code working where I can execute a query and using a
data reader get a SQLiteBlob object and read the blob back. However, I'm
not clear as to how I can use incremental IO if I'm doing an Insert of a
new record.

I appreciate it's a really cheeky thing to ask, but does anybody have an
example of this?

Cheers,

Mike

Re: Incremental BLOB IO

Darko Volaric
I haven't got an example but how about inserting the record and then
updating the blob in question?

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 12:33 AM, Mike King <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to understand incremental BLOB IO using the latest
> System.Data.Sqlite and C#.
>
> I've got some test code working where I can execute a query and using a
> data reader get a SQLiteBlob object and read the blob back. However, I'm
> not clear as to how I can use incremental IO if I'm doing an Insert of a
> new record.
>
> I appreciate it's a really cheeky thing to ask, but does anybody have an
> example of this?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Mike

Re: Incremental BLOB IO

Insert the record.  (Use zeroblob(n) to on the blob field to create an empty n byte blob.)
Open the blob and do your I/O
Close the blob.
Carry on with the next record.

Re: Incremental BLOB IO

Simon Slavin-3
Plenty of examples on the web using the C interface, and the SQLite API is clear enough that people can figure out how to use it.  But you can’t use those lines of code with System.Data.Sqlite and C#.  I think the OP wants an example of using the blob-editing functions though System.Data.Sqlite.  I don’t do Windows myself and I have no idea how to do that but I hope someone can provide s short example.