Is Comment column in 'EXPLAIN' blank?

curmudgeon
I get the comments using the shell but running an explain query in c++ using sqlite3.c (from 3.30 amalgamation) column 7 is returning blank in every row. Is something up or is it my code?

Re: Is Comment column in 'EXPLAIN' blank?

David Raymond
To get the comments the library needs to have been compiled with SQLITE_ENABLE_EXPLAIN_COMMENTS flag
https://www.sqlite.org/compile.html#_options_to_enable_features_normally_turned_off

That setting is off by default, but for the pre-compiled CLI they do include it.

I'm not seeing it in the list when I do a "pragma compile_options;" though. Is that setting one that's not reported by that pragma?

I get the comments using the shell but running an explain query in c++ using sqlite3.c (from 3.30 amalgamation) column 7 is returning blank in every row. Is something up or is it my code?

Re: Is Comment column in 'EXPLAIN' blank?

curmudgeon
Thanks David, getting them now.