Is there something like PATH to search for extension libraries?

Is there something like PATH to search for extension libraries?

Peng Yu
Hi,

I have to specify either a full path (either relative or absolution)
to use .load. But it would be more convenient if there is something
like PATH (may be named as something like SQLITE3_LIB_PATH) to search
for library files. Is it available in sqlite3? Thanks.

https://www.sqlite.org/loadext.html

Peng

Re: Is there something like PATH to search for extension libraries?

Keith Medcalf

On Friday, 31 January, 2020 21:15, Peng Yu <[hidden email]> wrote:

>I have to specify either a full path (either relative or absolution)
>to use .load. But it would be more convenient if there is something
>like PATH (may be named as something like SQLITE3_LIB_PATH) to search
>for library files. Is it available in sqlite3? Thanks.

>https://www.sqlite.org/loadext.html

This is an Operating System matter, not an SQLite3 issue.

On Windows loadext (.load) uses the standard search path.  I would imagine that Linux uses whatever the standard .so file search path is.

See http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man8/ld.so.8.html
and https://tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html

Basically put the library in a standard location and use ldconfig else try setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Re: Is there something like PATH to search for extension libraries?

Peng Yu
OK. This was not clear to me by reading
https://www.sqlite.org/loadext.html. Maybe it should be included by
the maintainer of that page.

On 2/1/20, Keith Medcalf <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Friday, 31 January, 2020 21:15, Peng Yu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>>I have to specify either a full path (either relative or absolution)
>>to use .load. But it would be more convenient if there is something
>>like PATH (may be named as something like SQLITE3_LIB_PATH) to search
>>for library files. Is it available in sqlite3? Thanks.
>
>>https://www.sqlite.org/loadext.html
>
> This is an Operating System matter, not an SQLite3 issue.
>
> On Windows loadext (.load) uses the standard search path.  I would imagine
> that Linux uses whatever the standard .so file search path is.
>
> See http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man8/ld.so.8.html
> and https://tldp.org/HOWTO/Program-Library-HOWTO/shared-libraries.html
>
> Basically put the library in a standard location and use ldconfig else try
> setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
> --
> The fact that there's a Highway to Hell but only a Stairway to Heaven says a
> lot about anticipated traffic volume.

Peng