JPA

Cecil Westerhof-5
Can SQLite be used with JPA?

--
Cecil Westerhof

Re: JPA

Simon Slavin-3

On 1 Feb 2017, at 2:19pm, Cecil Westerhof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Can SQLite be used with JPA?

I think you’re talking about persistent Java objects.  You might want to look at this:

<http://ormlite.com>

SQLite is one of the database engines it supports.  Sorry but I’m not a Java programmer myself and I know nothing about it.

Re: JPA

Cecil Westerhof-5
That is a fast reply. :-D

> > Can SQLite be used with JPA?
>
> I think you’re talking about persistent Java objects.  You might want to
> look at this:
>
> <http://ormlite.com>
>
> SQLite is one of the database engines it supports.  Sorry but I’m not a
> Java programmer myself and I know nothing about it.

​I will look into it. I think ​

​SQLite would be a good fit to use when you want to show JPA usage (no
setup necessary), but then should it be possible to combine JPA and SQLite.

--
Cecil Westerhof

Re: JPA

Cecil Westerhof-5

> That is a fast reply. :-D

>> > Can SQLite be used with JPA?
>>
>> I think you’re talking about persistent Java objects.  You might want to
>> look at this:
>>
>> <http://ormlite.com>
>>
>> SQLite is one of the database engines it supports.  Sorry but I’m not a
>> Java programmer myself and I know nothing about it.
>>

> ​I will look into it. I think ​
>
> ​SQLite would be a good fit to use when you want to show JPA usage (no
> setup necessary), but then should it be possible to combine JPA and SQLite.

​It seems to be what I want. I have something to do this weekend. :-D

--
Cecil Westerhof

Re: JPA

Simon Slavin-3

On 1 Feb 2017, at 2:33pm, Cecil Westerhof <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ​It seems to be what I want.

Excellent.

Now, if there were just an object persistence engine for JavaScript, I’d be happier.  That’s what I was looking for when I came across OrmLite.

Hmm.  With IndexedDB it should be possible to write one.  Maybe /I/ have something to do this weekend.

Re: JPA

Cecil Westerhof-5

> > ​It seems to be what I want.
>
> Excellent.
>
> Now, if there were just an object persistence engine for JavaScript, I’d
> be happier.  That’s what I was looking for when I came across OrmLite.
>
> Hmm.  With IndexedDB it should be possible to write one.  Maybe /I/ have
> something to do this weekend.

​Well, there are at least two people that will not be bored. :-P

--
Cecil Westerhof

Re: JPA

Jens Alfke-2

> On Feb 1, 2017, at 6:19 AM, Cecil Westerhof <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Can SQLite be used with JPA?

Sure, I’ve been SQLite for years ;-)

—Jens Peter Alfke

Re: JPA

Cecil Westerhof-5

> > Can SQLite be used with JPA?
>
> Sure, I’ve been SQLite for years ;-)

​Using SQLite does not mean that you use it with JPA. I use it with Python
and Bash and also with JDBC. None of those is JPA. ;-)

How do you use the combo JPA/SQLite?​

--
Cecil Westerhof

Re: JPA

Simon Slavin-3

On 1 Feb 2017, at 10:01pm, Cecil Westerhof <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> Can SQLite be used with JPA?
>>
>> Sure, I’ve been SQLite for years ;-)
>
> ​Using SQLite does not mean that you use it with JPA. I use it with Python
> and Bash and also with JDBC. None of those is JPA. ;-)
>
> How do you use the combo JPA/SQLite?​

When you quoted Jens’ post you didn’t quote his middle name.