Joining list?

pisymbol .
I hope this arrives and gets moderated so someone can look at it.

I am trying to join the sqlite3-users list to ask a technical question but
I never receive a response from the Mailman (and no it isn't in my Spam
folder either).

I apologize if this is not the right address but I don't see an obvious one
here:

Can someone please help?

Thanks!

-aps

Re: Joining list?

Richard Hipp-3
On 9/27/17, pisymbol . <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am trying to join the sqlite3-users list to ask a technical question but
> I never receive a response from the Mailman (and no it isn't in my Spam
> folder either).

I had Mailman set to notify me of subscription requests once per day.
So there was a delay.  I have now switched it to notify me
immediately.

Re: Joining list?

cc: OP

On 27 Sep 2017, at 4:31pm, pisymbol . <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I hope this arrives and gets moderated so someone can look at it.

Your mesage and replies to it reached the mailing list without probblems.  If you’re not seeing it there’s something wrong with your mail setup.  Check your junk folder and other possibilities.

Re: Joining list?

pisymbol .
On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 6:57 AM, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:

> cc: OP
>
> On 27 Sep 2017, at 4:31pm, pisymbol . <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I hope this arrives and gets moderated so someone can look at it.
>

> Your mesage and replies to it reached the mailing list without probblems.
> If you’re not seeing it there’s something wrong with your mail setup.
> Check your junk folder and other possibilities.

I never received a confirmation from Mailman either. So it's strange that
my emails are being delivered in the first place (one typically has to
confirm their subscription). But again, thanks for letting me know and
sorry for all the noise!

-aps

Re: Joining list?

Richard Damon
On 9/28/17 7:03 AM, pisymbol . wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 6:57 AM, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> cc: OP
>>
>> On 27 Sep 2017, at 4:31pm, pisymbol . <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I hope this arrives and gets moderated so someone can look at it.
>>

>> Your mesage and replies to it reached the mailing list without probblems.
>> If you’re not seeing it there’s something wrong with your mail setup.
>> Check your junk folder and other possibilities.
>>

> I never received a confirmation from Mailman either. So it's strange that
> my emails are being delivered in the first place (one typically has to
> confirm their subscription). But again, thanks for letting me know and
> sorry for all the noise!
>
> -aps
Not all mailman lists require confirmation. It sounds like this list may
be setup for just approval.

--
Richard Damon

Re: Joining list?

Jose F. Gimenez

it's a GMail issue, not mailman. GMail stops every returned email from
mailman which you have sent to it. GMail thinks "if you've sent this
message, it's already in your sent folder, and you don't want to see it
again in your inbox folder". It's stupid, but it's how gmail works  :-(

I have also a mailman installation in a server for my own bussines, and
some of my coleages had to drop their gmail accounts and switched to
other email providers. That's all.

Regards,

Jose F. Gimenez

El 28/09/2017 a las 13:03, pisymbol . escribió:

> On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 6:57 AM, Simon Slavin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> cc: OP
>>
>> On 27 Sep 2017, at 4:31pm, pisymbol . <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I hope this arrives and gets moderated so someone can look at it.
>>

>> Your mesage and replies to it reached the mailing list without probblems.
>> If you’re not seeing it there’s something wrong with your mail setup.
>> Check your junk folder and other possibilities.
>>

> I never received a confirmation from Mailman either. So it's strange that
> my emails are being delivered in the first place (one typically has to
> confirm their subscription). But again, thanks for letting me know and
> sorry for all the noise!
>
> -aps

Re: Joining list?

bensonbear
aps writes:

| I am trying to join the sqlite3-users list to ask a
| technical question but I never receive a response from the
| Mailman (and no it isn't in my Spam folder either).

Oops, I also was trying to join and also kept
not getting responses.  Also it told me I was not
a subscriber when I tried to change options or
post using the web interface at nable (as
I am now).

OH, the confirmation request *was* in my spam
folder, however!  (I don't use the gmail interface
and apparently the the getmail and forwarding I
do does not take the spam).

I was stupidly sending request repeatedly thinking
I was doing something wrong.  Sorry.