Linking tables together

spudse bud
Hello all, thanks for helping me with my last question (about a the sqlite
manager) - I haven't had time to test them all yet, but I will this weekend.
 Right now I have a new question. I have a database which contains tables
that contain user specific "variables", one table for each user. Those
tables for instance have fields like "name", "email" and "country". Now I
want to link those tables together (or maybe even a .db for each user), I
mean that if I change or add a field that all other tables are also editted.
 Is the linking of tables/db's I explained possible?
 Thank you.

Re: Linking tables together

Jay Sprenkle
On 9/30/05, spudse bud <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all, thanks for helping me with my last question (about a the sqlite
> manager) - I haven't had time to test them all yet, but I will this
> weekend.
> Right now I have a new question. I have a database which contains tables
> that contain user specific "variables", one table for each user. Those
> tables for instance have fields like "name", "email" and "country". Now I
> want to link those tables together (or maybe even a .db for each user), I
> mean that if I change or add a field that all other tables are also
> editted.
> Is the linking of tables/db's I explained possible?
> Thank you.

perhaps something like this?

One table describes what information is available for a 'user'
It might have a row called 'name', 'email', 'country', etc.
Call these 'attributes'.

Another table contains the users id code and the value for each of the
attributes. Call this 'values'

Adding a new attribute is as simple as adding a row. Every user can
have different sets of attributes.

The Castles of Dereth Calendar: a tour of the art and architecture of
Asheron's Call
http://www.lulu.com/content/77264